No option to refund

Oshi0
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

No option to refund

Hi - I have a guest who cancelled and I would like to offer him a part refund. The resolution centre does not give an option to refund this particular guest and the Help centre advises go to reservations and click on "offer refund" - i do not see this option either. Anyone got any ideas how to make it work?

Thanks very much Oshi

8 Replies 8
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Oshi0

If your guest cancelled through the site he would be refunded by airbnb according to your cancellation policy.  You do not need to do anything at all.

Cari8
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Hi Oshi - did you find a solution? I have a similar situation and the site has a button to click to offer refund but it's not working, it takes me onto a page where past reservations show up, but not the one I want to refund to. Gah... so frustrating.

David1023
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I have the same problem - guest cancelled but I want to refund the cancellation fee (50% of booking) but resolution centre do not have them as a guest (I suspoect because the reservation dates are now in the past).

The reservation itself does not come up as an option to refund that way.

I think its an oversight in the customer journey design but it'd be good to have a path to fix.

Dave.

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Oshi0  If you go to Your Reservations/ Reservation History you do not get the option Send or Request Money for reservations that have been cancelled; you only get it for reservations that have not been cancelled.

@David1023  The reason you couldn't refund money to your guests was because they cancelled, not because their reservation is in the past.

One point to note: if you use the Resolution Centre to refund money, the money is taken off your next booking.   (I refunded a guest from overseas who double-booked me with another room on another site.  She rang me in tears and I took pity and refunded her.  This was at the end of the season and when I got my next guest's payment after a long gap, I initially couldn't work out why the payment was wrong.)

You can offer free accommodation in the future to your guest, or search Gift Card in Airbnb Help.  These are available for use in the US at the moment.

Sofya0
Level 1
Vanadzor, Armenia

Hi

My guests decided not to show up and cancelled the reservation with less 24 hours notice. I was mistaken and sent the reservation money back. Now my guests say that they are not obliged to refund me any money as it is the Airbnb that should return the money back because the money went to Airbnb. Could anyone tell me if there is any way to address Airbnb directly with my request because any search for this option takes to resolution center. Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem, but Airbnb just automatically refunded them. I had no option.... And we have a strict cancellation policy!!

I have just reviewed my listings, both of say strict but when I  "view details" both come up Flexible then slowly change to Strict???? What is that????

Julie-and-Gary0
Level 1
Santa Elena, Belize

Hi, I have a different problem. I had a guest just cancel today when they were to check in tomorrow and Airbnb gave them a full refund when we have a strict cancellation policy. How do I get Airbnb to pay us and not refund the guest??