Pending Reservation: I NEVER accepted

Jason123
Level 2
Hong Kong

Pending Reservation: I NEVER accepted

Hey all,

Not sure how but I suddenly have a reservation in my calendar (pending for tenant verification). I never accepted it and actually have zero history of anything with this potential tenant (and her party of 5), having no idea who they are.

I have always had instabooking turned off (and still continue to have it turned off).

This is a new one for me and I can't cancel it because the only place it appears is on my calendar where it's right in the middle of a prime rental period.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

3 Replies 3
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I noticed this a few times, but its usually a pre-cursor to a guest sending you a request. It will pop up on your calendar in orange and you can't approve or deny it because its awaiting verification of either payment or creditials. The terrible part is that the dates are blocked preventing anyone else from even sending you a request for 24 hours.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Jason123

If you require guest ID verification for bookings, then that person will have to finalize their profile verification upon sending a request. The request only goes through after that which is why it shows as pending before you even get anything in your inbox.

Every now and then I suddenly notice cancelled 'bookings' in my reservation list from guests I've never had requests or messages from. Those are people who request to book but then cancel their request when they realize they have to offer information to complete their profile.

Jason123
Level 2
Hong Kong

It just seems utterly ridiculous that they would block off my calendar for someone who 'might' make a request by filling in all their details and then that I 'might' accept later.  There are some great things about AirBnB but this is a head-scratcher!

Thanks for your help everyone.