Recharge

Adam140
Level 1
Iași, Romania

Recharge

Hello,

I'd like to have the option on AirBnB to fill the empty rooms On-Demand and collect incremental revenue based on hourly booking price.

There is a recently launched website called Recharge:

[link removed]

There’s a significant part of the day where the rooms are empty. Most business travelers leave early in the morning, and a lot of them don’t come until late at night, so that time in between is really where a Recharge similar feature will became an interesting thing to consider.

There is a demand for this type of booking that we need to explore on AirBnB, what do you think?

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I dont think there is a demand for this type of booking on Airbnb at all.  I definitely would not want to rent out my listing on an hourly basis.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Adam140, a Toronto host told me last year that she was thinking of doing this sort of thing - for business travellers who need something quieter than a café to, say, make some phone calls, change clothes, write up a report. Not a room, but her common area and access to a bathroom and coffee maker, at a reasonable price. She was wondering how to set it up, and it sounded okay. But we did agree that it could lead to more negatives than positives, especially if a room were involved. Rent-by-the-hour is too fraught with pitfalls and connotations... 

It is nothing I would want. Good luck with it, if you do decide to pursue it. 

Tom-and-Carina0
Level 6
North Las Vegas, NV

i think if you want hourly rates in your home you are crazy. We have lots of hourly places here in Las Vegas and they are all horrible. They only get worse with that hourly Bussiness.