Reservation on blocked date - How?

Cindy161
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Reservation on blocked date - How?

Hello,

Am hoping to find help in here. I set up a calendar with available and unavailable dates, to rent out my flat on weekends and holidays.

I thought the unavailable dates would be blocked for booking, but I've already had two bookings on two different days that I had set as unavailable dates. This is problemtatic for both the guests and me as a host.

The family that I was supposed to host, said the date didn't show up as blocked on their search. So I checked my page again, and the calendar was as I had set it up, unavailable for booking on this date.

So why does it say something else on the customer's search, and how can they book a date that I've blocked? 

Any help is appreciated!

31 Replies 31
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

It might be some bugs to cause this issue. You may want to contact airbnb to resolve it.

Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

Do you have Instant Book turned on? If so, turn it off so potential guests have to ask to book the dates. That way no one can book a date you want unavailable. 

So if you have Instant Book turned on it somehow still ignores your blocked out dates?

I don't use instant book, but I have had blocked off days on my calendar magically unblock themselves. So in order to avoid whatever the glitch in the system is that allows blocked days to get booked through instant book, I suggest turning off instant book. 

I don't use the instant booker never but this still not helped me  !

Yes, exactly

Alexsa0
Level 2
Jelgava, Latvia

Yes, I have the sam isue and not the first time - this is so unpleasant !!

This is a not the isue which can resolve with comunity - this is a some tehnical fault !!!

And of course - not possible to contact with Airbnb with just writting it - so annoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have had this problem with instant book, after seeing many other complaints about this I am starting to wonder.  I  elected to stop using instant book 8 months ago. 

Thanks for your question, I have the same problem. Did you solve it yet? Or have you contacted AirBNB? This is quite an annoying problem as either me or the guest has to pay a cancellation fee.

Thanks for letting me know!

Yes i solve it from this moment - i calling to the Airbnb and they are solved problem from that moment but i don't know what happen in future, becouse all bookings in the calendar what i make from my side(not throught Airbnb) still available from Airbnb side (i mean in the calendar i put reservations but Airbnb system not show it), this happens with all reservations what i maked for all year !!!!

Contact person say me " We are looking what happens with system and don't make any penaltys for dec lining reservations "

Thanks. This is very annoying! I have send a question to AirBNB so hopefully they can help me too. 

Thanks for sharing.

I will join the criticism on the calendar. There is obviously something wrong.and

it is not possible to use the instant booking.

I called several times, but they should read the Forum!

I've same issue 

so I guess I have to turn off instant. Booking

does this cut down referrals!

how do you contact Airbnb?

This is a not a case about instant booking - this is a problem with calendar by self and this problem solved only after phone call to the local Airbnb staff !