Are reviews attached to a deactivated listing or the Host account?

Answered!
Ken28
Level 10
Newburgh, IN

Are reviews attached to a deactivated listing or the Host account?

I just moved. I have Superhost status, and my old listing has great reviews.

I want to deactivate the old listing, but I also want guests to see that I have a history of being a good host. There's some credibility gained from having a history of positive reviews.

If I deactivate the old listing, will anyone be able to see my reviews? Will I lose Superhost status?

1 Best Answer

Reviews are attached to the host profile as well as the listing.  When you create the next listing it will say "Host has xx reviews for other properties" and it will link to your profile where a potential guest can see them.  

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11

Reviews are attached to the host profile as well as the listing.  When you create the next listing it will say "Host has xx reviews for other properties" and it will link to your profile where a potential guest can see them.  

Great! I'll give that a shot. Hopefully it works out! (There's no turning back.)

😄

Are there any examples of this? Before I lose everything, can someone confirm this by showing me a profile with a deactivated listing that kept reviews?

@Ken28

Yes, the reviews stay on your profile. I have a few old listings and the reviews stay there. In the profile, they get buried under the new ones, but on your dashboard, you can still seperate them. 

@Helga0

Thanks for confirming what @Alice-and-Jeff0 said.

Thanks, @Alice-and-Jeff0 and @Helga0! I was able to deactivate my old listing with no problems whatsoever!

My old reviews are still there, and have gotten me several inquiries already on my new place!

I appreciate your quick support on this topic.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for this update. I am in similar situation and would soon need to delete or deactivate my old listing and put a new one. I also hope all my positive reviews stay as is on my profile 😊👍🏻

Separate them how?

Joanna85
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I saw this the other day when I went to see a future guest's reviews...I always look at the listings where they stayed.  This one guy had MEGA amounts of reviews--but his new listings had just a few reviews and they weren't that great....he definatley was piggy-backing his great reviews form his old places in hopes that people wouldn't see right away his new not-so-great reviews on his new properties.  I"m guessing this is common for investors who have tons and tons of properties all over.  Once you get new reviews the old ones get buried.  For you--I"m sure you're a fine host...but it seems to me a 'loop hole' for these investor types who have lots of shotty properties all over and want to make a quick instant buck versus just simply renting it out to long term tenant...they can deactivate a listing and create a new one but have reviews stay with them.  I don't know how I feel about that--seems like cheating the system a bit.  

FWIW I've reported some of these flips,  but AirBnB is often very slow to action 😐 on such matters.  

@Joanna85

Let me see if I'm understanding what you're saying...

You are looking at a host's reviews, and while he has a lot of good reviews over his history of hosting, his recent listings are not so stellar? And you're concerned because his profile still shows the old reviews, even though those listings are inactive?

To me - that's wouldn't me concern at all. When a user searches for a listing, the preview and listing only show reviews specific to that listing. If they want to see those other reviews, they'd have to go into his profile, and then each review is notated with it's appropriate listing.