The glitchy calender

Ryan155
Level 1
Twentynine Palms, CA

The glitchy calender

Why do you Hosts think AirBnb does not fix their glitchy calender. I think they have low overhead and the functionality of their website is basically the fundamental of a good business model. Seriously for how much money they are making, It just seems fishy that they don't fix a 31 grid matrix.

I think they might be the next Myspace, their model is good but easily emulated and improved upon. Also they allow rentals without toilets, atleast have a place to poop should be standard for enviromental, political and self regulation to limit the need for regulation. I don't want regulations but somebody bought a rundown shack i   the desert near me, has no water or toilet, and people are crapping in the open, in a wash, next to a road that serves twenty houses, blows my mind.

If they dont fix it, I expect it to be such an easy way for them to be regulated. What do you guys think?

7 Replies 7
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Ryan155 Are you having problems with blocked dates all of a sudden becoming unblocked?  Airbnb is aware that this is happening and is working on fixing it.  If you have Instant Book enabled and receive a reservation on a date you previously blocked, contact Airbnb support right away.  They'll help you with it. 

I'm having the same issue as well. Hope they fix it soon!

Stephan42
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

We had the same issue and contacted support after being involved in a situation where we had to cancel due to the glitch.  Airbnb very helpful and resolved the situation.

Vivienne7
Level 2
Betty's Bay, South Africa

My calendar is not responding properly. I have tried to stipulate a minimum of 3 nights for the Easter long weekend. I have filled in the weekend under Specific Dates on Avaialibility preferences, but the note is not showing up on the calendar itself. I have been battling to get the calendar to respond for the past week or more.

In my hosting section the available and blocked calendar is correct, but in the travelling section when I search my property, there are lots of blocked dates that should actually show as available... anyone got any ideas??

Sandra474
Level 1
Alaska, United States

I have the problem that my calendar on my laptop and the one from the app on my phone doesn sync and i don't know how to fix this.

I can pull up my listing, but I can't access calendar.    I can't pull up calendar to post dates that are available.   I can't contact HELP.