Tired of being asked for contact/payment info and exact address in newbies' inquiries

Jude19
Level 2
Manila, PH

Tired of being asked for contact/payment info and exact address in newbies' inquiries

I'm starting to feel like half of my inquiries from Airbnb first-timers are responding to some variation of:

Can I call/email you? What's your number/email?

What is the exact address of your place?

Do I need to pay using a credit card? How do I pay (in cash)? 

I'd like to be as gracious as possible when dealing with messages like these but sometimes it really gets too annoying and it's so hard not to just snap at the more clueless-sounding inquiries.

I'm hoping Airbnb makes it a lot clearer to new users that these contact info and "alternative" payment questions are VERBOTEN and not leave it up to the hosts to keep explaining. 

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jude19

many people use ABB on their mobile app which is not so easy to navigate. If you often  get the same messages you can save them and use them again every time. ABB expanded a lot lately and has very much new users which are not familiar with how it works.

I know, I use the saved messages too. But my point was that ABB should make it clearer to new users that they're not supposed to ask hosts these kind of questions in their inquiries in the first place. This would be helpful for both hosts and guest, saving both a lot of time/back and forth.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I harp on these same issues almost monthly. I don't think I'll ever come to terms with people that send me an inquiry and ask me questions and the answers are found either in my listing or on AirBnB in some manner. Wait until you start getting the transportation quesitons or "are you close to (such and such)" although AirBnB puts your location range very close to your actual location.

You're not alone in your thinking.