What is the hold up with adding a pet fee option to the reservations???

Raquel24
Level 10
Gibsons, Canada

What is the hold up with adding a pet fee option to the reservations???

Airbnb please, please add the pet fee option already.  It has been long enough 'in the works'.  Not having the pet fee option clearly listed during the booking and reservation process makes it more difficult for hosts and guests.  We, the pet friendly airbnb hosts would like the pet fee option put in place asap.  We need it to continue offering wonderful pet friendly accomodation and to be compensated for the added cleaning and services we provide guests with pets.  

27 Replies 27
Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

As my place is really best suited for 2 people, I'm considering making the pet fee the same as the additional person fee. My additional person fee is $15 per night, which I think is reasonable for a dog. Does anyone see any downside to this? 

@Annette76 it would be good idea if you could get as much as for a person. Dog doesn't need sheets, towels, don't use shampoo and water  etc... usually hosts only charge additional cleaning fee

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Yes we really need a pet fee option. My last two guests have had pets. the first had 2 dos and the most recent has 1. WHile my dog loves having other short term friends to play with, I HATE CLEANING UP AFTER A DOG. Dog hair get everywhere! It literally takes twice as long to clean up after a dog has stayed. 

PLEASE, Airbnb, PLEASE add an option for adding a Pet Fee, along with the number of pets. It should be easy to do.

Please??

Airbnb, I feel like you're not listening...

I'm a SuperHost, and I just spent twelve minutes waiting for Customer Service...finally had to hang up, so you guys won that round. 

Please tell me: what do we need to do to get your attention?

Erin125
Level 2
Olympia, WA

I agree! I wish I could just use the additional person feature. What's the hold up?!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Pet fee is already on Host voice, go to https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Pet-fee/idi-p/161815 and like it. It already has 64 likes 

Yes, liking this post and adding your comments for a pet fee on Host Voice is the way to get Airbnb's attention.  

Lisa535
Level 1
Charlotte, NC

How do you hande and accept the fee? In my listing I say I accept small pets for an additional fee, now someone has booked with a service dog, and not sure how to collect it?

I send a reservation alteration request.  And the guest must accept it.  It is an added step that is unnecessary if there was an actual pet fee option in the reservations process but it is one of the few ways of adding the pet fee.  

I use the Resolution Center and send the request as an extra fee. It's easy so not a big deal to do. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Great to see you discussion and to hear your thoughts around this. 

I wanted to highlight this idea in the ideas board Host Voice, if you haven't seen already you might like to take a look. The way Host Voice works is that the most popular 'ideas' from the community, will be shared with the Airbnb Product Team for review. 

I hope this useful.

Thanks,

Lizzie

@Raquel24@Ali40@Lisa535@Branka-and-Silvia0@Erin125@Annette76@Susan-and-Dustin0@Danielle185

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you Lizzie.  That is good news.  We really are pet loving hosts who just want a simple and clear way to charge a pet fee that corresponds to our extra cleaning and services we provide.  Just like the added guest fee, pets also add to the booking. 

Cheers, Raquel