cancellatiosn

Daphna0
Level 2
Medford, MA

cancellatiosn

Ok, so a guest asked that I cancel. I got an automated request from airbnb that said it would be canceleld by airbnb on my behalf if I did not cancel. Now I am beeing penalized. And it is impossible to actually enter a suppport ticket or contact airbnb related to this. Any thoughts or experience on this front>

35 Replies 35
Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

This is taking crazy to a new level.  If the guest wants to cancel he has to cancel. That Abnb canceled makes no sense.

Tweet this and post on the Abnb Facebook...some will contact you pronto.

please add your post to the conversatio just above you...Airbnb cancellation Policy Wrong....

people need to see this ne w twist.

Thanks for your thoughts Amy. I don't tweet, but I put on facebook and will add to another thread. I have been happily hosting for over four years and have never run into these problems. And have never had so much problems communicating with a company with which I am doing business!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

try 2nd post community help or use the search function if you want contact numbers.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Four years and you don't have contact details 🙂 try 2nd post community help or use the search function if you want contact numbers.

Thank you everybody for your help and advice. Airbnb escalated and resolved quickly, taking off all host penalties.

Alexander157
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

i want to cancel an advert i had for a caravan in standrews a couple of years ago but cannot get through to airbnb

how do i do this

alexander boyle

You have already unlisted it, @Alexander157. It shows up as "not available". All is well.

Alexander157
Level 1

@Lawrene0 wrote:

You have already unlisted it, @Alexander157. It shows up as "not available". All is well.

i want it taken off airbnb as i donot have it anymore

please delet it

alexander

Alexander157
Level 1

can i get it off  now as i do not qwn it any longer

@Alexander157

You're on a host forum here.

Just in time for you there was this post this morning:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Unlist-Your-Listing-A-Community-Help-Guide/td-p/9566/jump-...

hope it helps.

Do you mean can you get the reviews taken off your profile, @Alexander157? Short answer is no. Reviews go with the host. But the actual listing is not showing up at all. So I think all is well. 

Go your listins and then push button that is labeled 'delete listing'.

Hi Daphna - I just had the same thing happen to me!  How did you get this resolved?

Thanks,

Shelley

@Shelley41

I went to Airbnb Facebook page and posted there. I detailed the situation. I detailed the converation that I had with the guest and said we'd agreed to a mutual solution. I stressed that I was working to accommodate the guest since she had inconveninced me by wanting to drastically wanting to change the terms of her stay from a long-term summer stay to just a couple of weeks. Airbnb either let me enforce the cancellation policy or not in terms of payment, but did not let me decline the altered dates. I detailed all of this in a polite and detailed manner as a Facebook post. Airbnb got back to me very quickly. They said they had located my account and took off all host penalties (I verified). They apologized for any inconvenience. I'll learn from this exeprience in the future and have the guest cancel themselves.