getting reviews when you have no bookings

Lee110
Level 4
Savery, WY

getting reviews when you have no bookings

Is there a way to get reviews when you have had no bookings from Air BnB? With no reviews they bump you down the list.

Can you have a friend "rent" your house for one night for a reduced rate and give a review?

Seems like a catch 22

Thanks, Lee

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lee110

It's one way of getting reviews and I am sure people have done this.

There are a few things that may be stopping people booking your beautiful house.

First - you have a 29 night minimum stay - that means you are really looking for long term rental. Would you not consider a family who wanted to use it as a holiday home for a week?

Second: you have a set price of £195stg per night - which is fine if you have a party of 6/7 people. However, would you consider a lower base price (say for 4 people) and then an extra £xx per person for guests no. 6 and no 7. 

The combination of these two would open up your property to a much wider audience.

Thanks for your reply- I would love to rent it by the week but unfortunately due to restrictions in the town, I can not rent short term (without spending 20,000 on absurd fire code improvements).

I only just raised my rents to be closer to what is advertised in my town. I originally had it set for less and when I compared listings, it was about the same as a little tiny house or condo listed on the site. But maybe I should lower it. 

I appreciate your input. Lee