how do I report a guest that deleted their profile and cancelled the booking AFTER the stay?

Kirstine0
Level 1
Aarhus, Denmark

how do I report a guest that deleted their profile and cancelled the booking AFTER the stay?

This morning, checking up on my apartment after my guest checked out, I saw both a lot of uncleaned dishes in the sink and also open condom packages on the night stand. Gross! I immediately texted my guest and told her that this was not at all ok. She booked the place for 1 person but admitted that she brought back a guy to spend the night. So she failed to book for the correct number of people and left a gross mess - not aligned with my (or any) house rules. 

She offered to give me more money to shut me up and just afterwards, I saw that she cancelled her booking (which I'm surprised could be done in retrospect for a stay that began yesterday) and she also deleted her profile. So, now I can't even give her a negative feedback and I can't report her to Airbnb as the reservation was cancelled, even though she did stay there. The money I received was not for a booking, it was the cancellation fine.

What to do? I want to make sure that Airbnb bands her from creating a new profile again as it seems like she knew what she was doing.

1 Reply 1
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Well, you did receive compensation or an offer for your troubles on two accounts. Depending on how she cancelled and if its within the first 24 hours, i suppose anything is possible within AirBnB. It may just be enough to share your thoughts with fellow hosts as talking to AirBnB can sometimes be a futile experience.

AirBnB doesnt use a unique identifier when creating accounts such as phone numbers or even email addresses so people create a new account as they see fit. Both of those are easy enough to replicate, but if AirBnB used a reward system people would be less likely to keep cancelling and creating new accounts. Im constantly surprised at how many people with ZERO reviews want to book my place.