unexpected guests show up

Dale36
Level 1
South Jordan, UT

unexpected guests show up

This will be a tough question.  The guest said in the booking that it was for her and her boyfriend from out of town.  Interestingly the guest that booked is a local and appears to go from AirBnB to AirBnB locally.  The guest showed up in a truck.  This morning there was a Jag in the driveway when a delivery was to be made that was in the way.  The red truck is they showed up in is gone and it was another man not the boyfriend that come from the back to the car.  This afternoon I come home and there is a car outside my driveway.  I walk out to check out the delivery and the car drives away.  The lady guest walks out of the back with her phoneas I am out front and she walks outside the circle looking at her phone and for someone it seems.  I come back in to put my things in the house and go back outside to get stuff from my shed to work in the yard.  Her and a guy walk by me that is not the 'boyfriend'  I walk back up front and the car that was there is now out front which was the same car that was there before and left.

This seem not right to anyone else and is happening what I think could be happening that is illegal?

Thoughts and what to do?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

make sure that your rules clearly state the number of people allowed, get ID, car info in advance. 

require a decent deposit that is not refundable if they break the rules

inform your renters that you are seeing multiple cars 

& different prople, ask for explanstion

if you are tesd

@AugieDog-and-M-sMom0  Good advice, but you cannot ask for an offsite security deposit.  That will get a host removed from Airbnb permanently. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/458/can-a-security-deposit-be-collected-outside-of-the-airbnb-we...

I'd also advise taking pictures of the car(s).  That will scare away a lot of "boyfriends". 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dale36

It sounds very much as though your property is being used as a short term brothel. They probably don't just go from Airbnb to Airbnb, they probably do the other hosting sites as well. Sounds a bit like the 'pimp' ferries the clients to the house.

Whatever it is, don't try to get a rationale out of her what is going on, you won't get a sensible answer. Get onto Airbnb and tell them the guest is not honouring the terms of the reservation request and you want her removed as you feel for the safety of yourself and your property with the intrusion of univited guests arriving all the time.

Do it now Dale and move on.

The phone number for the US is +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)

Cheers.....Rob

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Yeah, sounds like youre an unwitting participant of a brothel. This is why I don't host locals.