Adding Vaccine Filter

Dassi0
Level 5
Greensboro, NC

Adding Vaccine Filter

I believe — as a Host & a Guest — that this filter should be added:

“Host has been Vaccinated against Covid-19”

As a Host, I get lots of Inquiries that would be InstaBookings if they knew we were vaccinated. 

As a Guest, I want that increased level of safety!

22 Replies 22
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Dassi0 

Everybody can say (write) "i am vaccinated", but what about proof ?

very sad

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I answer my own question:

today i received vaccination + a signed card which acts as "proof of vaccination"

People supply their I.D. In order to get an account, require a vaccine cards as well…

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

What about hosts who have no interaction with their guests? Why would it matter?

True, y’all don’t have the problem (and potential guests are less likely to ask). 

I run a traditional Bed & Breakfast!

Anyone looking for a ‘Private Room’ — or even just wanting interaction— may want to know. 

...perhaps an amenity...

@Dassi0   A "host is vaccinated" filter would be misleading if people other than the host (e.g. other guests, cleaners, visitors) might also be present in the property during the stay. 

Even if it were just an amenity tickbox, it would automatically imply that all hosts who haven't ticked the box are unvaccinated - which presents a dilemma for hosts who value their medical privacy.

Since I do not employ others to clean I sometimes forget about them. 

Filter could  be “hosts, their employees are vaccinated”

@Dassi0   And if a guest books one of your rooms, are you able to guarantee that you are the only person who will be in the house during the stay? No other guests, no maintenance workers, no visitors?

Why would that be a dilemma? When I fly out of the country, I have to show my passport as well as my shot record in many parts of the world. When I rent a car, I have to produce a driver's license. Hotel elevators have to display inspection certificates. I assume most Hosts have Facebook links, not to mention the data given to Airbnb to be displayed to the world. 

I would like a Guest Vaccinated tic box as well. Then, covid deep-cleaning would not be necessary and I could affordably rent my guest house to short term rentals, which is not feasible at this point in time.

@Cherie-and-Bill0  

Airbnb does not provide Facebook links for any of its user accounts. It only displays Facebook in the list of its confirmed verifications. 

Airbnb's current "cleaning pledge," which you must have signed onto if you're currently accepting bookings, does not indicate any exceptions for vaccinated guests. So until that policy is amended, a host would be in breach of policy if they chose not to do the deep-cleaning based on what they believe their guests' vaccination status to be.  

You happen to be in a state that has banned businesses from verifying the vaccination status of individuals, which is just one of many examples of why even if Airbnb had this so-called tickbox, it has too many legal obstacles preventing it from backing up a user's self-reporting with actual verification. So all this little tickbox would mean is that somebody clicked a button - nothing more. How is that useful as information to a host or guest?

@Cherie-and-Bill0 

Deep cleaning is important without Covid, imho. I agree a guest vaccinated tick box plus a host vaccinated tick box would be quite useful. Covid is not going away any time soon, and there is merit in all of us being realistic and practical about it. It is also good for the economy and everyone's emotional well being as well as health and safety

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

It is still unknown how long this vaccine is effective, is it 3 months? 6 months? A year...? Does it protect against all mutations? The host may be vaccinated but what about his cleaners?

Too many questions...

@Branka-and-Silvia0

We and our cleaner and maintenance person all got our first 2 vaccinations together. We were so thrilled to be able to do this, we celebrated!