Airbnb App Notifications

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Airbnb App Notifications

I use the Airbnb App to keep in contact with guests. For this purpose it is really useful. I could really do without getting notifications for things which have no bearing on hosting and I want to know if I can turn this sort of notification off somewhere as I really don't want them?

I'm not sure whether this is sent to me as a guest or a host, but either way it is unwelcome as I have no interest in Experiences and less interest in Online Experiences. I definitely don't want this stuff sent to me every week.

TIA.

No Thank You.No Thank You.

@Lizzie @Katie 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

Maybe turn off some more notifications in your account:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/account-settings/notifications

best regards,

Emiel

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

These are my settings and I don't have any "Push" notifications set anywhere. Only the last section referring to emails could be suspect, but this was not an email.

Can you see anything allowing these marketing notifications?

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 23.23.33.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 23.24.34.png

"Unsubscribe from all marketing emails

This includes recommendations, travel inspiration, deals, things to do in your home city, how Airbnb works, invites and referrals, surveys and research studies, Airbnb for Work updates, home hosting tips, experience hosting tips, and promotions"

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  I think you might have to check "Unsubscribe from all marketing emails," not leave it unchecked, even though what you're seeing isn't an email.  I have that checked and I don't get anything like the above.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0

This is the correct page for the notification settings, so I'd advise you to follow @Ann72 's advice and see if that works. 

It does look like the notification is a push notification though, so you may have to check the settings on your app directly (it states at the bottom that push notifications should be controlled using the Airbnb app).

Let us know how you get on 😊

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Katie @Emiel1 @Ann72 

I screenshotted the App versions and the selections don't match across the platforms, but there does seem to be specific push notifications for the App.

You might like to check with the developers whether push notifications work on a Desktop as a completely different option to the App version - as that's what these options suggest. 

I've highlighted the the change required to stop the Promotional items coming through - ALTHOUGH - I never received any other notification of this by email, which I should have done as this is selected in both Desktop and App.

composite.jpg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0,

Thanks for highlighting this - great detective work here.

I spoke to the tech team about this and they tested it out, to find that changing the desktop one doesn't affect the mobile one. This means that they are definitely different settings - the text by that setting in the app specifically references a mobile or tablet device, where the desktop one doesn't have that reference. As soon as I hear more on this I will let you know, but wanted to share this update in the meantime.

Glad to hear you found the correct setting to change though - hopefully that has disabled the push notifications that you didn't want to receive for now 👍