Airbnb Energy Saving Scheme

Ruth1194
Level 1
Charmouth, United Kingdom

Airbnb Energy Saving Scheme

Hi everyone, I hope you have all had a good week?

A couple of weeks ago, Airbnb announced a scheme for hosts to improve the energy efficiency of the holiday accommodation and to apply for a grant to help with certain energy saving measures.  I haven't heard anything at all, has anyone been contacted by either Airbnb or an approved contractor?

15 Replies 15

No there doesn’t appear to be a directive on this which we need in view of the way costs are rising

Emily1762
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Ruth,

Not yet - I filled in the google form but haven't heard anything since. did you get the link to the form?

Emily

@Ruth1194 @Emily1762 we haven't heard back since we filled in the first form.

I've heard nothing either. It's a bit frustrating as I was all guns blazing getting a quote from a window company! 🤣

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone know how we apply for this grant? Is this a grant from Airbnb or are they simply providing information on existing government schemes?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Huma0 If you go to Airbnb help and search for the scheme you should find the way to apply for the first stage. The second stage is where we are stuck at present.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Thanks for the heads up.

I used to work for the Energy Saving Trust. It was many years ago, but I have some contacts still, so I could see if I can find out any info on this.

So, as I understand it, people have filled in the online form but not heard anything back since? It says that there would be a follow up email on 22nd November. There is no date mentioned RE the follow up for hosts who fill in the form after 22nd November though...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Huma0 I wouldn't worry about filling the form in late - nothing seems to be happening anyway.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Sorry, that's not what I meant. 

What I meant was that, if the form was filled in before 22nd November, a follow up should have already been sent by now...

But, if you fill in the form after that (doesn't specify that the 22nd is a deadline), when would you expect to hear back?

I suppose it doesn't matter if no one is hearing back anyway...

I contacted Airbnb but they have assured me that if I have filled in the initial form we will be contacted......

Not too keen on the waiting game though!

Glad to know that others are stuck at the second stage! Thank you for the reassurance. 

After the initial webinar, it's a bit unclear what the next step is on the process or how to ask more questions. I have no idea whether this is a grant from Airbnb now or if they are just providing information on a gov scheme. From the webinar, I got the impression that it would be from Airbnb....

Lesley126
Level 2
Rye, United Kingdom

Hi Ruth

I watched the same webinar and filled in the form, but haven't heard anything. I did contact Airbnb by phone by they assured me if I have applied I would hear in due course. It's a bit disconcerting though,  as I would like a bit more reassurance that I am not waiting in vain. I wonder if you have heard anything yet?

Emily1762
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Ruth, and everyone else who has applied for this. Anyone heard anything yet? I have tried chasing it up, in vain (no response).