Bad Review?

Bad Review?

I had someone give a bad review because there were “ water stains” inside the keurig coffee machine. They did not write this in the public review but sent it privately. In the public review they just wrote that the place should be cleaner. Now I am worried that people will see this review and think my place is dirty. This is the first time anyone has mentioned anything bad about the cleanliness. Is this fair? I think inside the machine will always have water drops or marks even if it is cleaned. 

7 Replies 7
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Chelsea378  hi and welcome to the CC and to ABB hosting. 

is it fair? no, of course not! 

will you get it removed? nope. 

what you got on your first stay was some Karen who felt entitled to tell you how to do your job. your other reviews are excellent and two of them state how clean the place is, hers looks like what it is. Your photos show how modern and clean the condo is. I will say cleaning out the coffee machine is something we forgot from time to time as well (esp as you can't dishwasher the parts), we were lucky not get an unreasonable guest! 

I recently got a 3* review from some irritating person who said it was too cold for Spring weather.... 🤣

there are plenty of funny stories here about dumb reviews from guests. (well, they are funny later, for now I am still fuming over this review, 3* is malicious).  

Now I am on edge with every guest, and it will take me a while to get over it, which is the hard part of this job. When you work very hard to create a beautiful space and provide hospitality to your guests, a silly review from someone who didn't even talk to us once.... gah! I need therapy. looks like you do a lot of stays each month so it won't be long before that review is pushed down. 

TLDR it's not a fair review, you may vent, we hear you 👊🏼

@Gillian166 your 3* example could be challenged on the basis of relevance.

@Mike-And-Jane0  I am currently trying that. been told twice "nothing we can do" but of course, I just keep on responding with "of course you can mate, just delete it".  but they might consider the weather to be relevant? one very cold spring in 2022 is somehow relevant to guests booking in spring 2025? 🙄

can you imagine if I left you a review... "well it was a bit rainy in England that week" or for @Sudsrung0  "it was spring but it was so humid!" 🤦🏻‍♀️   

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Chelsea378 

I have had many stupid remarks over the years I dont worry about them, there is nothing you can do,

Maybe one day I will write a book,

I had one guest complain about a coffee shop down the road in the review, FFS whats that got to do with me?

Another said I should label all the light switches in my villa, My reply was there is a sign next to the toilet and a bin right next to you a$$ obviously you didn't read that when you put a full toilet roll down the toilet and blocked the toilet on your first day, so what would be the point of labeling every light switch...........? 

@Sudsrung0 wrote:

I had one guest complain about a coffee shop down the road in the review, FFS whats that got to do with me?

😅

and your next comment about labelling ..... did you actually say that? 

respect! 🤣

and yes, we all should collab on a book of hilarious reviews.

@Gillian166 

Coarse I did, mainly because the rest of her review was condescending,

Giving me a pile of instructions what I should do and not do,  

I put at the bottom,

"Why not just come and enjoy your Holiday like most normal people do"

@Sudsrung0 wrote:

@Gillian166 

Coarse I did, mainly because the rest of her review was condescending,

Giving me a pile of instructions what I should do and not do,  

I think this is also the fault of Airbnb, because they prompt guests to "tell the host what they could do better" (and likewise they tell us to review guests like that)

I put at the bottom,

"Why not just come and enjoy your Holiday like most normal people do"

🏆 lol, that is gold.