Camera Disclosure

Camera Disclosure

I am preparing to list my second property on AirBNB. It is a whole house listing; however, there will be areas where guests are not permitted. These areas will be clearly disclosed (Garage and my personal bedroom) and these spaces will be locked with signage indicating these areas are private with no entry.  The only way a guest would be able to access these areas is if they physically break in.

I have security cameras on the outside of the home which will be disclosed. I also have a camera inside the garage in case of a break in as I have valuable tools stored there and an antique car. These cameras were in place well before I decided to STR the property.  I was also considering putting a camera in my bedroom in case a guest decided to help themselves to a space they're not permitted.

Do I need to disclose the garage camera or the bedroom camera since they would not be in an area where guests will be permitted?

3 Replies 3
Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Do I need to disclose the garage camera or the bedroom camera since they would not be in an area where guests will be permitted? [OP]

YES.

living organisms [of certain weight - pets] dangerous things [guns, explosives & corrosive subst.] and sensitive ones [cameras] is a good idea to disclose; you'd be surprised in case of a dispute what guests can say and how that might affect you. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Bubba-Lee0  yes i would disclose there are cameras in private spaces. we have a camera in our private courtyard that guests are not to access, and our personal garage, and i disclose those. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Bubba-Lee0 

Use of cameras and recording devices - Airbnb Help Center

Here you go https://bit.ly/3tOgorU