Eco-Friendly and Supporting Sustanability - Listing

Island-Escape1
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Eco-Friendly and Supporting Sustanability - Listing

Hi All,

We are doing little by little to be more eco-friendly. Just wondering is there any special badge or stamp on our listing or account when we do this?

Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

12 Replies 12
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Island-Escape1 

As far as I am aware, there is on stamp/badge for the listing. Not a bad idea though. Wonder how it could be verified though as Airbnb do not go and check out every listing...

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Island-Escape1 

You could do everything possible, but getting the guest to follow your idea is almost impossible, cant even get them to turn off the A/C when they go out, 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 

I feel like an 'eco-friendly listing' badge could help to attract more guests who care about that, which would be a good thing, but I don't think it would necessarily deter the ones that don't give a **bleep**... (PS, am I allowed to say **bleep**?)

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Okay, apparently not...

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0  you are allowed to say *** though. I think. 

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Huma0 @Gillian166 We'd prefer it if it remained respectful and void of any name calling, which I'm sure makes sense. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

haha @Sybe  that's a joke between @Huma0  and myself, cos that word slipped through once before. No biggie, i wasn't using it against anyone of course, although your comment implies I was doing just that.  

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Gillian166 I know this was a harmless exchange, don't worry. 😜

It may not seem that for others though hence a friendly reminder!

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sybe 

No one was calling anyone names. 

Actually, the word I was trying to use is not a 'dirty' word and probably not what you think. If you've ever watched Gone with the Wind, you might be able to guess...

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Huma0 I rather meant the use of bad language instead of name calling, apologies for that.🙂

I haven't seen Gone with the Wind but I heard it's quite an essential, I have it on my list already!

@Island-Escape1 It's a very interesting suggestion, thanks for sharing! I'd love to hear more about the steps you've taken to become more eco-friendly. 😃

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sybe 

If you had grown up here, you probably would have seen it so many times. It was ALWAYS on TV when I was a kid, but then I am a lot older than you.

Anyway, the word I was using is also in the most famous line from that film: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a bleep." I was going to link to a clip, but that would be a MASSIVE spoiler if you haven't watched it yet.

The film was made in 1937, so it's not really that salty a word! However, I can see that it might be offensive to some due to a religious connotation. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Island-Escape1  I like this idea, but I can see some problems with handing out a badge without being able to prove anything, unless it's a badge that claims "we are committed to use eco friendly methods where we can".  Certainly you can write that in your listing.