Feature Request: Filter and sort by TOTAL price—including fees

Cassandra176
Level 10
Richmond, VA

Feature Request: Filter and sort by TOTAL price—including fees

Feature request: please allow users to filter by TOTAL price —and— sort by TOTAL price. Also, you need to display the total price in the app as well as on the desktop searches. With fees varying so much, the listed price ends up meaning NOTHING anyway.

Recent True Life Example: I filter for a rate under $100 a night but many listings have fees that double or triple the total price. By using the price range feature I've unknowingly filtered out a stay with a nightly rate higher than $100 but no fees that would end up costing much less overall than others that are listed within my "price range." 

Obviously, this feature would be N/A if a person had not yet selected a number of nights. An alternative solution would be to have the fees added to the nightly rate by default, then those fees would be divided up by the number of nights chosen. Because, either way, it would be a much more honest reflection of the cost. 

AIRBNB—If you care about user experience at all, as I've heard from colleagues you do, please make this feature work more FOR users instead of AGAINST them. Also, you're rewarding hosts who try to game the system by setting artificially low rates with high fees and punishing those that are being straightforward with their prices.

Please upvote if you agree.

78 Replies 78

Travel hack of the century! Thank you!!

Instead of going to

https://www.airbnb.com

go to

https://www.airbnb.com.au

Apparently in Australia, you have to display the full price including the taxes and cleaning fees.

The solution is to go to:

https://www.airbnb.com.au

instead of the normal:

https://www.airbnb.com

Apparently in Australia, you have to display the full price including the infamous cleaning fees.

PS.. You need to change your currency to US dollars at the bottom of the initial web page.

oh my god this is genius, thanks so much!

Deborah1239
Level 1
Charlottesville, VA

YES!!!  This is a little ridiculous. Since no fee is optional, who cares what the room price alone is? What you need to know is the total that will be charged on your account.

You should be able to choose entries depending on likes. I don;t consider places with a score below 4.2, as my experience has been terrible, but I have no way of selecting those.

This is really inconsiderate and I cannot think of a single reason why they do it.

Carol5745
Level 2
Bakersfield, CA

This was a great post.  Why, 2 years later, has it not been rectified??  I tried to search the listings, and I got widely different prices, only to find that I had to click on every single listing to  find the actual price I would be paying.

Cameron309
Level 1
Dallas, TX

2 years later and still have to play this whack-a-mole game with fees in order to find a stay. This is why I rarely use this service anymore. Staying at a hotel doesn't have this headache. 

Svetlana234
Level 1
Shanghai, China

Indeed. It must be a joke,

I'm looking for a stay under 100 euros per night, in Europe cleaning fees are 90euros and service fees are 60 ..... So eventually  Airbnb lists 260e  total 

Samuel885
Level 1
Springfield, MO

The insane fees & cleaning charges added are exactly why we've returned to using hotels for the most part. My time is too valuable to spend opening a hundred listings and having to keep track of which ones have a reasonable total price. It makes price filtering absolutely pointless when they don't show the total nightly rate including fees.

Elizabeth2723
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Yeah, this is a no-brainer, duhhhh we need this!!! I'm sick of having to scroll through hundreds of listings to see their total price in my budget!!!!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Elizabeth2723

We've recently announced some changes aimed at improving the price transparency for guests - you can read more about it here: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/Improving-price-transparency-for-guests/td-p/1709...

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

This is not a reasonable response. This feature is entirely in the hands of the home owner, why would they list the full price when none of their neighbors do?

The **BUYERS** need a way to sort by full price. What you're doing right now is actually preventing me from booking a listing in January near Denver. I am searching VRBO instead because I don't have to click into checkout on every single listing to see an honest price.

Do better.

You may use Booking.com as a much better example of filtering and sorting when looking for apartments.

Hannah1087
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Fully agree with Cassandra's original post (and replies) in 2020. Not showing the full/all-in price is quite misleading. And, regulations aside, it's the right thing to do.

@Emilie Thank you for the follow-up. When will the announced changes be available? 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Hannah1087 The changes announced in here have been implemented already! Since mid-December 2022, guests can switch from nightly prices to total prices in search results. Total prices include all fees before taxes.

I hope this helps, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines