Feature Request: Filter and sort by TOTAL price—including fees

Cassandra176
Level 10
Richmond, VA

Feature Request: Filter and sort by TOTAL price—including fees

Feature request: please allow users to filter by TOTAL price —and— sort by TOTAL price. Also, you need to display the total price in the app as well as on the desktop searches. With fees varying so much, the listed price ends up meaning NOTHING anyway.

Recent True Life Example: I filter for a rate under $100 a night but many listings have fees that double or triple the total price. By using the price range feature I've unknowingly filtered out a stay with a nightly rate higher than $100 but no fees that would end up costing much less overall than others that are listed within my "price range." 

Obviously, this feature would be N/A if a person had not yet selected a number of nights. An alternative solution would be to have the fees added to the nightly rate by default, then those fees would be divided up by the number of nights chosen. Because, either way, it would be a much more honest reflection of the cost. 

AIRBNB—If you care about user experience at all, as I've heard from colleagues you do, please make this feature work more FOR users instead of AGAINST them. Also, you're rewarding hosts who try to game the system by setting artificially low rates with high fees and punishing those that are being straightforward with their prices.

Please upvote if you agree.

78 Replies 78

Looks like this is only on the app, not the website.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3365

No it doesn't because you still can't get a list ranking low to high. This makes your site unusable and a FAIL.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Cassandra176  This has been implemented now, right? As a guest, you can flip a toggle to see the total price, both on the listing and on the map.

Those of you who have abandoned short term rentals because of this…well, you’re loss, I guess…

Anatoly15
Level 2
Feasterville-Trevose, PA

To Emilie, or any other  Community Manager.

The question is NOT about "switch from nightly prices to total prices in search results" 

The question is about sort by the total price on laptop app. Can Airbnb get that?!