Feature Request: Filter and sort by TOTAL price—including fees

Cassandra176
Level 10
Richmond, VA

Feature Request: Filter and sort by TOTAL price—including fees

Feature request: please allow users to filter by TOTAL price —and— sort by TOTAL price. Also, you need to display the total price in the app as well as on the desktop searches. With fees varying so much, the listed price ends up meaning NOTHING anyway.

Recent True Life Example: I filter for a rate under $100 a night but many listings have fees that double or triple the total price. By using the price range feature I've unknowingly filtered out a stay with a nightly rate higher than $100 but no fees that would end up costing much less overall than others that are listed within my "price range." 

Obviously, this feature would be N/A if a person had not yet selected a number of nights. An alternative solution would be to have the fees added to the nightly rate by default, then those fees would be divided up by the number of nights chosen. Because, either way, it would be a much more honest reflection of the cost. 

AIRBNB—If you care about user experience at all, as I've heard from colleagues you do, please make this feature work more FOR users instead of AGAINST them. Also, you're rewarding hosts who try to game the system by setting artificially low rates with high fees and punishing those that are being straightforward with their prices.

Please upvote if you agree.

70 Replies 70
Elizabeth2723
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Yeah, this is a no-brainer, duhhhh we need this!!! I'm sick of having to scroll through hundreds of listings to see their total price in my budget!!!!

Emilie
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Elizabeth2723

We've recently announced some changes aimed at improving the price transparency for guests - you can read more about it here: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/Improving-price-transparency-for-guests/td-p/1709...

Thanks, 

Emilie

Vous ne trouvez pas ce que vous cherchez ? Cliquez ici pour Cliquez ici pour démarrer une conversation!

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

Samuel885
Level 1
Springfield, MO

The insane fees & cleaning charges added are exactly why we've returned to using hotels for the most part. My time is too valuable to spend opening a hundred listings and having to keep track of which ones have a reasonable total price. It makes price filtering absolutely pointless when they don't show the total nightly rate including fees.

Svetlana234
Level 1
Shanghai, China

Indeed. It must be a joke,

I'm looking for a stay under 100 euros per night, in Europe cleaning fees are 90euros and service fees are 60 ..... So eventually  Airbnb lists 260e  total 

Cameron309
Level 1
Dallas, TX

2 years later and still have to play this whack-a-mole game with fees in order to find a stay. This is why I rarely use this service anymore. Staying at a hotel doesn't have this headache. 

Carol5745
Level 2
Bakersfield, CA

This was a great post.  Why, 2 years later, has it not been rectified??  I tried to search the listings, and I got widely different prices, only to find that I had to click on every single listing to  find the actual price I would be paying.

Deborah1239
Level 1
Charlottesville, VA

YES!!!  This is a little ridiculous. Since no fee is optional, who cares what the room price alone is? What you need to know is the total that will be charged on your account.

You should be able to choose entries depending on likes. I don;t consider places with a score below 4.2, as my experience has been terrible, but I have no way of selecting those.

This is really inconsiderate and I cannot think of a single reason why they do it.

Chun158
Level 2
null

The solution is to go to:

https://www.airbnb.com.au

instead of the normal:

https://www.airbnb.com

Apparently in Australia, you have to display the full price including the infamous cleaning fees.

PS.. You need to change your currency to US dollars at the bottom of the initial web page.

Calla18
Level 1
D.C., DC

oh my god this is genius, thanks so much!

Chun158
Level 2
null

Instead of going to

https://www.airbnb.com

go to

https://www.airbnb.com.au

Apparently in Australia, you have to display the full price including the taxes and cleaning fees.

Chun158
Level 2
null

Instead of going to https://www.airbnb.com , go to https://www.airbnb.com.au

Apparently in Australia, you have to display the full price including the taxes and cleaning fees.

Elliot152
Level 1
Fort Yates, ND

Travel hack of the century! Thank you!!

Hiral4
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

Passed on AirBnB since finding a getaway that fits my budget using the app is a nightmare. 

Sibo7
Level 1
null

It is disgusting see this intentional hiding of total price.

Shane481
Level 1
Temecula, CA

As a guest (not host). This is irritating as hell. Every place you look at charges **bleep** near the same price for “cleaning fees” as the nightly rate. @Airbnb users don’t care what the break down of the price is. We care about the total price per night. Stop forcing these hosts into a position where they have to “compete” with other hosts by basically “falsifying” their listing and having to shift as much of the listing price into the “cleaning” fee. 

Stop making the app feel **bleep**ty and less efficient for the users.  Solve this by enabling a total price/ night search filter. 

Kevin2095
Level 1
New Mexico, United States

I have basically given up on Air BnB because of this. It seems to have become a bait and switch game when there is no way to search and select based on average nightly rate including one time fees. 

Karyn95
Level 2
Wisconsin, United States

Yes, PLEASE, filter by total price!   by the time fees are added on the price can change sometimes quite dramatically and so much time gets wasted looking through

Stephanie2144
Level 2
null

It’s disgusting to waste consumers’ time exploring listings while Airbnb flagrantly conceals the ACTUAL cost of accommodations, just to lure customers in. When this company’s greed leaves customers feeling burned, they won’t be foolish enough to return—I promise!

Liz4751
Level 2
United States

You may want to reach out to customer service directly. I received an answer related to clearing ones cache? 

“It's not only the price range that is being affected if you did not clear cache for quite a while, it is the entire search on the site. Keep in mind that each guest will see different results when searching based on the preferences they add, their past booking history, and other search criteria
Let me go ahead and check our site for you using my own account. 

That is just an example photo, just for reference. As you can see price range filter works accurately when browser cache and cookies has been cleared.”
Ryan1835
Level 1
Boston, MA

When is this feature coming? It has to be the #1 feature request of all time. Coming from a Product background, I know this would hurt your conversion rate in the short term, but the frustration it causes from a retention standpoint is insanely high. It makes your site incredibly frustrating.

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay