Filter should include bed size

Bradley196
Level 1
Kailua-Kona, HI

Filter should include bed size

Airbnb already has filters for the number of beds and the number of bathrooms. How hard would it be to add in an option to filter by bed size?  I can't begin to tell you how much time I've wasted looking at attractive rentals only to learn they have double-sized beds. My wife and I require at least a queen-sized bed. By adding the search option, I think Airbnb would greatly improve their service. 

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bradley196 Bed sizes (and names) are incredibly varied across the world so this would be rather difficult to achieve.

Even the way of showing size in centimetres and inches vary @Mike-And-Jane0 😅

You people on the island in the sea out from us are supposed to use centimetres and kilos for decades but you stubborn brits are just like naaah... 🤣 

@Mike-And-Jane0,

I understand that the bed dimensions differ regionally, but in the Rooms and Spaces section Airbnb already asks hosts to specify the bed size, and it's displayed on the details page.  IMO, bed size can easily be a search filter item like other amenities.  Airbnb's best list doesn't include dimensions, but that item could have an Add Details to allow hosts to include the dimensions.  Like @Sudsrung0, we have king bed in the listing description, and have had guests inquire about the bed size specifications.   

Debra300_0-1669505468781.png

@Mike-And-Jane0   

we already do list the bed sizes we have, this is just asking for a filter for the bed size.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I thought queen and double are the same

@Branka-and-Silvia0,

In US beds, a full and double are the same size, 54 in. W x 75 in. L (137.16 cm. W x 190.5 cm. L) and queen is 60 in. W x 80 in. L (152.4 cm. W x 203.2 cm. L).  Also there are two common king sizes, (Eastern) king size is 76 in. W x 80 in. L (193.04 cm W x 203.2 cm L) and California King is 72 in. W x 84 in. L (182.88 cm. W x 213.36 cm L).

@Debra300 

Our mattresses are 13 inches deep super comfy the only problem we have is getting the sheets to fit, Thats the beauty of living on an island 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Bradley196 

For that very reason I have it listed in my title, 

Luxury King Bed Apartment with Pool View

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Bradley196  preach! 🙌🏼  and now a mod will be along to say "thanks for this suggestion, we've passed it on" but truth is: people have been asking for this for years. we just got 10 upgrades, why wasn't this one of them?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 Hosts and guests share a huge number of suggestions via the different channels, including the CC here, but also local Clubs, the feedback form, Support tickets, workshops, etc. While it might take a long time to develop, implement, and for you to then see changes, we do really collect all your ideas and share them with the relevant teams within Airbnb so it can help inform their ongoing work. 🙂

Thank you as well as @Bradley196@Debra300@Sudsrung0@Mariann4@Mike-And-Jane0 and  @Branka-and-Silvia0 for sharing your thoughts on this one!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Emilie,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.  We know that Airbnb can quickly implement changes to the search function if it resonates with those in product management.  Look how quickly "dedicated workspace" was added as a search filter for a niche of remote worker travelers that arose during the pandemic (fyi, contrary to Brian's forecast, the work from anywhere mantra is rapidly diminishing as company old-heads are demanding that employees return to the office), but it's been years that bed size has been requested and almost every guest wants to sleep on a bed during their stay.

@Debra300  exactly right, although adding in a workspace was a great idea, people still use computers even on holidays, they pitched it at digital nomads but it's got broad appeal. I never agreed with Brian that more people would be working remotely and travelling, that only works if you don't have a home with stuff in it (with rent or mortgage) and you don't have a family, or friends or any local commitments. 

But, I don't recall anyone asking for Categories....  but the bed thing, infants, pet fees, customised cancellation policies, security deposit, etc etc, these are being ignored for years. 

Did we ask ABB to add more features to the guest review process? Did guests? i've not heard anyone mention that, and yet time and energy was devoted to that, and the only thing that will happen is lower * ratings and then.... cranky hosts. I have a saying about "are we playing chess, or checkers" that applies there.  

Emma3458
Level 1
Reading, United Kingdom

I absolutely agree! One of us is 6ft 4in we need to be able to filter for king size beds!