Need some help with setting rates

Answered!

Need some help with setting rates

I usually fill up pretty fast, so I’m wondering if I raise her to low. I’m also thinking about adding a hot tub to the property. I know that helps with booking, but will I be able to increase my rates because of it. 

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sonia-And-Luis0  We have hot tubs, so our rates are as much as $50 more per night than our local competition. We appear to be booking better because of them.  Be realistic about the maintenance and upkeep costs -- we drain, clean, refill and treat our hot tubs between guests to ensure that there are no complaints about cleanliness and how sanitary they are.  Will you have the time and the personnel to do something similar?

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sonia-And-Luis0 ignoring the health and safety issues of hot tubs ANYTHING that helps with bookings should allow you to increase your rates.

To check your competitiveness just search Airbnb in your area for similar places.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Sonia-And-Luis0 ,

I edited your post title to make it more precise with your query. I hope our experienced members notice your concern and share their viewpoints with you!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sonia-And-Luis0  We have hot tubs, so our rates are as much as $50 more per night than our local competition. We appear to be booking better because of them.  Be realistic about the maintenance and upkeep costs -- we drain, clean, refill and treat our hot tubs between guests to ensure that there are no complaints about cleanliness and how sanitary they are.  Will you have the time and the personnel to do something similar?

Hi Lorna. How old is your hot tub and how big is it? The ones I’m looking at have an Hydrazone Ozonator., which is the main reason I considered putting one in. I’m definitely available to clean it after each guest but to empty it and refill it every 2 to 3 days seems excessive. 
Thank you for the advice. It was really helpful. 

@Sonia-And-Luis0  Our hot tubs are 4 person, 280 gallons.  We have had some for 20 years, others for less than 5. (We only have one listing currently on AirBnB). After multiple guests claiming that they were dirty, smelled of chlorine, caused rashes, etc., we changed our entire maintenance process and have had no more complaints relative to sanitary issues.  

The fact that we advertise (and deliver) a fresh changeover of the hot tub water is a major selling point for our property over someone elses.  

We do not do same day turnovers, so we have the time to empty, scrub, refill and treat the hot tubs.  It takes 4-6 hours for the hot tub to reach a preset temperature of 101 degrees.  (People do not pay attention to the recommended 15 minutes of immersion if it is set higher.)  Because the water is changed for each guest, we do not have to use as many chemicals to keep the water clear.  We also change out the filters with each guest; we keep 3 filters in rotation, soaked and cleaned in the manufacturer/seller recommended product.  

How you choose to offer your hot tub is up to you.  We have just found it expedient to be proactve rather than reactive.  P.S.  You would NOT believe what people will do in a hot tub.