I need 2 separate Hosting accounts

Cassandra22
Level 3
Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt

I need 2 separate Hosting accounts

I need a whole new account for a client. I will simply run it for them but I don't want their listings mixed in with my own, under my existing AIRBNB account.

Can you set up another one?

4 Replies 4

@Cassandra22  If your client expects to have some degree of oversight in the listing, the easiest thing would be to place a listing under their account, and register you as a Co-Host.

Thanks Andrew for your reply.

Unfortunately they don't have an account, they want me to set up and run the whole thing for them. I am beginning to think I must use another laptop/computer for a different IP address.

No matter what I do it keeps recognizing me and reverting to my account. Even after logging out and going in through Chrome.

Many thanks again for your prompt reply

Regards to you

Cass

@Cassandra22  If you're using Chrome, just open Airbnb in Incognito mode. Then, you'll be automatically prompted to create a new account. 

As it's against Airbnb policy for one person to have multiple user accounts, the new account will have to be under the ownership of your client. You can send a referral link to their email (I think co-hosts are still eligible for the referral bonus), prompt them to submit photo and ID for verification and payout/tax data, and assign you as the co-host. Of course you can assist them through all of this process if they don't have time or access to a computer, but they should have a private password and exclusive access to their account.

As the co-host, you'll be able to set up the listing, manage the calendar, and correspond with the guests - all from your own user account. So all the work of hosting can be delegated to you, but the burden of liability falls on the owner, and their listing won't be mixed in with yours; if your business relationship doesn't work out, the owner can still transfer co-hosting duties to someone else. You'll need to arrange your compensation payments outside of Airbnb..

Info: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1534/

Thank you again!

That's a great idea and minimal hassle for them, but with added bonus of always 'owning' their AIRBNB account. I am sure I can get them to do this, and now I prefer it too, especially for accountability and tax, as you mentioned.

Thanks so much Andrew, I do believe that's problem solved!

Best wishes to you

Cass