Kicked out by the host

Kicked out by the host

HI,

this story could be made into a book.. I want to focus on a few small details. I got a message fro AirBNB at 4am that I had to leave ASAP.

not argument from my side I said I had to pack my bags and I’ll leave.

but he time I had everything packed and I found a new hotel I was out the door by 4:50am roughly…

there was no way I could do a cleaning of the apartment as you do with every air bnb Due to the time limit airbnb gave me to get out. to make things worse I got my bags out the door and the door closed behind me and the keys were locked inside.

i reported everything to airbnb, not the hosts who kicked me out are going crazy the place wasn’t cleaned and the key was locked inside and they didn’t have a spare key… (not having a spare key for the front door is very poor management)

there is a very big investigation going on, everything is In Spanish and I don’t know what’s going on they even called the police.

The only think I can understand is their saying I had sex in the pool. I was with my female friend, and I’m Gay..

the hotel got the CCTV footage and sent it to alot of people..

I still don’t know what to so.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ty91 All very odd but hopefully the CCTV footage will help determine the truth. You should get refunded for the nights not stayed but other than that what are you trying to achieve now? I doubt we can help but you never know.

Oh and the host not having a spare key is just stupid!

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Ty91  a brand new user, with no reviews, and no profile photo, we don't know if you're male or female btw. are you saying you've been unfairly accused?

Can I ask, have you had any ID confirmed as a guest?  Did you upload any ID or just give an email and phone number?

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 1.33.43 pm.png

otherwise,  not having a spare key is poor management - we agree.

so is kicking someone out at 4am. it's not very hospitable.

is there more to the story because this seems like an over reaction. are you implying there is some anti-gay sentiment? seems odd. 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

These are very scattered details. Are you at a hotel or airbnb? If you had no idea why you were kicked out, why did you not question it? It does not sound like anyone physically came so I do not see a reason to leave right at 4 and in such rush. And now not cleaning behind yourself is your biggest concern vs being investigate in what sounds to be a foreign to you country. Something is really fishy my friend. Although makes for a fun story to follow

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

this story could be made into a book..

I want to focus on a few small details.

If it can be made into a book - don't focus in small details! I'm not criticising you Ty, also I know you are confused and do not know for sure what is going on; HOWEVER - YOU MUST FOCUS on main points and not allow the situation to distract you with secondaries. As Gillian said: " there seems to be more to this story...' and I do believe there is - is up to you to find out more.

Poor management is not your problem - thrown out at 4AM is a very hostile act, [only a robbery or a beating goes higher] and what ever you did [or they said you did] it did not warrant you been throw out at that time.  They could have waited few more hours. 

Also you say a 'big investigation is going on' This mixes things further... Big on what sense? Police, Airbnb, discrimination? Why were The Cops called?? Did someone 'see / think/ perceive' there is an element of duress, pressure, drinking [on part of you/ your friend] or even 'a direct complain towards you' [by anyone close by] and then... reported 'harassment of some sort' 

Hotels or hosts, reasonable organisations or individuals - DO NOT call the COPS 'just like that' All you have to do is be open and available; call your embassy or consulate and try to find a good interpreter and lawyer. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Bes175  Ty has not returned, perhaps they have gone to Reddit where zero-facts anecdotal anti-abb sentiment fuels their rage, and sympathy has been dispensed. 

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

It could be @Gillian166, and here we are biting our nails - thinking is he the type to escape prison in a foreign country? 

On serious note, somehow this story must have had some aspects that pushed it into the domain of criminal-law. Cops will tell one on phone or once showing up - is a CIVIL ISSUE; then leave. Either through his actions [at best unintentional or misunderstood...] or perception/ 'complains' of others it was made it 'into a big investigation going on' [Ty's words]

2. More than once - and seems the world over [ USA, Turkey, Spain etc] few cases I have seen from the past & some following ~LIVE here, I'm seeing something 'strange' with rgds to concerns of DIRECT PERSONAL SAFETY; the individual + some giving advice; are addressing THIS type of situation to Airbnb.  And, they expect Airbnb's protection & authority, to help and cover what it was never meant to do [cant, even if they claim it] for jurisdictions/ cops or sovereign states.

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Bes175  no response because Ty is no longer on the platform. Methinks they were less than honest with us.  

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

No detail escapes you @Gillian166  : - )  I think the same - something was not right.

I do believe Ty was in a spot of bother, from ext. panic he came in need of 'some support' but somehow left out the important parts of his troubles.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Ty91 ,

This is indeed dreadful. I hope you are doing okay and safe? I have connected with the concerned team to look into this safety concern. 

Bhumika

Click start a conversation to ask the Airbnb Community! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines