NOISE LEVEL DETECTOR

Gloria921
Level 2
Hollywood, FL

NOISE LEVEL DETECTOR

hi everyone, I'm a new host in Hollywood FL, and to be fully operational, the city of Hollywood is requiring I have installed in the property a "NOISE LEVEL DETECTOR" to alert me when guests are making too much noise.  If anyone has any info please share.  thanks

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gloria921 www.minut.com  is a well known solution

Thank you for the input.  Will check it out, Thanks... hope all is well your way.

Gloria921
Level 2
Hollywood, FL

Good afternoon AIRBNB Family, I am a new host in Hollywood Florida.   I need to install a noise level detector inside and outside the home; can  anyone in this community point me in the right direction as there are multiple devices to choose from?

Thanks, 

Best to all,

Gloria **

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Gloria921 ,

I have moved your post to a wider board for the members to notice! I hope our fellow Community members are able to help you regarding this.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

There are two ways to go, ranging from a cheap, simple hand-held type just to take a fix reading (usually for proof) to the constant monitor types (i.e. by Minut) to monitor from afar (via internet) and  made to order for STRs, it is a monthly fee type though.

A rough reference of noise (measured by DB) is: in the 50's is acceptable (normal conversation), in the 60's it is loud, in the 70s it is annoying and beyond it become unacceptable. Roughly every 7db is doubling of noise. Concerts usually are in the 100+ range and NFL games and some stadiums beyond that, just to give you an idea.

@Fred13 Actually every 3dB is a doubling of perceived noise 

Yes in sound energy,  but sound pressure level (aka loudness) isn't about 6-7db? However, we both may be a bit off.

----------------------------

When a sound is perceived to double in loudness, this corresponds to roughly an increase in 10 dB.
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Gloria921 ,

I have merged your previous post and current post regarding the Noise level detector, to keep all the suggestions in one place for you to check and analyze.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines