Number of beds on listing increased by Airbnb?

Paul8458
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

Number of beds on listing increased by Airbnb?

Hi

i have had a guest draw my attention to the fact that my listing shows 6 beds when in fact there are only 3. She managed to get a partial refund based on incorrect listing. 

i have no idea how these additional beds appeared - they were added to the living room. 

now it might be me being a numpty or it could be a glitch through a software upgrade. 

has anyone one else experienced this?

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Paul8458 

You most likely have made a mistake in the section "property and rooms" "rooms and spaces" and added the beds to the livingroom. Check the listing.

No mistake.  Airbnb photo arranger software is doing this and airbnb has nor addressed it.  
If it is AI and getting out of control, it could ruin airbnb.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul8458 it is worth regularly previewing your listing to make sure it is 100% correct.

I have had certain listings on this site since 10 years ago so is your perspective that if I do not check all of them daily to see if my bedroom count is still showing as I set it then it is my fault if I get in trouble for a "glitch" ? 

Paul8458
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

Now I have found a Utility room added to my listing! Now deleted but Airbnb saying no them. Not me either so who?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Paul8458 

Oh, that's weird and has me worried. I have noticed in the past things being unchecked in my amenities list, when I know I have checked them and sometimes this happened over and over. I assumed it was due to updates. 

But it's quite a serious problem if non-existent beds and utility rooms suddenly appear on your listing! 

I guess we will have to keep a closer eye on things.

At the moment, I am experiencing a glitch where my Superhost stats are incorrect (showing me I don't qualify, when actually I do). When I first contacted CS about it, the rep kept trying to convince me that my maths was wrong and that the stats were correct, when they clearly weren't. Eventually, I gave up on her and asked to be passed on to someone else. The second rep admitted it was a technical glitch, but he/she can't tell me when it will be fixed.

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

This is HUGELY concerning to me as "glitches" just like this are constant and as of Aug 22nd we hosts stand to lose not only the payout but also a large penalty for cancelations initiated by guests with this sort of "reason" (look carefully at the details on this update https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Changing-our-policy-on-avoidable-Host-cancellatio...

I have seen post after post about Airbnb causing double bookings or causing the details to change like this. It is very scary to see what could be happening to hosts starting next month based on this 

Dunichand0
Level 2
Manali, India

I have the same problem, my listing has calculated 4 beds but I have stated 1 queen size bed in 1 room and 1 sofa bed in another room. It seems impossible to change it and 1 guest has cancelled although I doubt their truthfulness. They booked for 2 couples then asked to pay outside airbnb, then when I refused they then raised the issue that there were only 2 beds not 4.

Are you still using airbnb?  If they cannot fix a programming issue, they have a huge problem.  I just experienced this.  It is obviously an AI photo arranger issue that just assumes the pictures ar different beds and it also double the number of rooms I have and made up its’ own rooms. .

Kathryn617
Level 2
Webb City, MO

Airbnb still has not fixed this mess.  I cannot believe it is a continuing issue.  I lost several,hundred dollars today because a guest booked my house for 4 people.  It sleeps 7 but onky has 2 queen beds, a twin bed and a chaise, couch and oversized loveseat.  
7 men showed up, not 4!  5 guys arrived at 2:50 PM.  No complaints.  2 more men arrive at 9:30 PM and suddenly there are not enough beds.  I charge $15 extra per person over 2.  I have all this on video and i am sure they brought a dog in as it was heavy and the guy covered his face and the crate.  
Guest said my listing shows 7 beds and it was not sufficient for the 4 of them.  I told him airbnb has a programming issue and the description clearly states the number of beds and all details.  I said there was a hotel a mile away and I will refund your money.   But they were tired so all 7 spent the night.  Now they do not want to oay and airbnb is refusing to pay me.  
I use an ipad and safari on the airbnb app and there is no way to review this mess or alter it.