Washer and Dryer Recommendations in a Small Laundry Room

Eric6248
Level 1
Garden Grove, CA

Washer and Dryer Recommendations in a Small Laundry Room

Our goal is to keep the washing and drying to one cycle but our laundry room is on the small side. It can fit two 27 width" x 27-30" depth comfortably. Anything bigger, it starts getting cramped. The height of the room is 7' so stacking might be tough as well.

Assuming space is not an issue, what do you all recommend for a 3BR 3BA property. One bunk (twin and full), one queen and one king. 

Now, with limited space, is there something creative owners have done? Or am I stuck with having to do two loads?

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Eric6248 With that number of beds, you will be doing two loads (not to mention the towels) anyway.  If you are shoving the linens for all of the beds into one load, you are not cleaning properly (IMO).  If you can fit a regular size washer and dryer, great!  Purchase the units with the largest drum sizes that will still fit within the space available.

We have a property with two kings and one queen.  One load for each bed includes top sheet, bottom sheet, pillow cases and duvet cover.  Three loads for linens, two loads for 6-10 sets of towels (bath sheet, bath towel, hand towel, washcloth per set).  Housekeeping is scheduled for 4.5 hours, and rarely does our housekeeper resort to the spare quick turnaround linen and towel sets.  However, she is a whiz with her timings and worth her weight in gold.

Thank you @Lorna170 , this is helpful! 

I was always under the impression STR folks try and do one load. But it's good to see that may not be possible based amount of items to wash. 

I guess my next step is to find a housekeeper that is crafty as yours!