What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy_0-1665671893667.png

Hello everyone!

Most guests don't come to your home to sit inside all day long, though this, of course, depends on what kind of stay you're offering. Having said that, some people still like to make themselves comfortable in the evening or seek relaxation after a long walk or any other activity.

For many, a TV and fast and reliable Wi-Fi are among the basic equipment, though I'm aware this is can not always be provided as some Hosts offer an off the grid stay. However, perhaps there are also Hosts that are very much into technology, and for instance use smart/AI equipped devices in their homes 🤖.

Do you have any devices that control everything from lights all the way to the TV in your home? Do you also offer your guests to make use of them?

I'd love to hear from you!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

55 Replies 55
Katherine852
Level 2
Weston, FL

Hi everyone,

We have placed smart locks, smart TVs with cable TV, smart thermostats, board games and games for the pool. We try not to leave electronic gadgets that can be either broken or stolen (for example, no turn table for vinyl records or portable wifi speakers).

Hope this help!

Cheers, Katherine

Kelsie16
Level 2
Chanute, KS

I leave little bags of chips out, coffee, and a breakfast item. Poptarts and frozen breakfast sandwhiches are super popular! I also switched a daybed that beds two more guests comfortably instead of air mattresses. It'll save you money and time in the end if you display it as your couch! Cold pop and water in the fridge

xoxo

Kelsie from Kansas 

Kelsie L Son
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Im going to add this to my properties I bet nobody has one of these,

10696423_375142489319130_4969722787594334908_n.jpg

Omg!!! Is this an actual iron??

😂

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

«Very much into technology» does not sound like me…;-)

My latest addition to my listing is warm wool socks - as my tinyhouse does not have underfloor heating.  

And a couple of books. 

I don't think these would qualify as "modern amenities". 

(I do also have a smart TV, fast an reliable Wi-Fi and a Nespresso machine, though.)Old fashioned amenityOld fashioned amenityAlternative to GoogleAlternative to Google

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Oh @Trude0 I want to "like" your post about a thousand times!  Warm wooly socks and books are two of the best things in life!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Stephanie2130
Level 2
Sioux City, IA

An Air Fryer and a Rumba type vacuum ( from Walmart about $100). I know the guests use it and I like to run it whenever I am at the house to get the house ready for the guest. It gets under the beds and picks up whatever the cleaner did not!

Such of good idea to get the Rumba! Specially for under the beds!!! 

Gloria870
Level 2
Clinton, MD

I have a smart TV with cable and a fast wifi and a Keurig coffee maker. 

I see someone has an air fryer.  I think this is a good ideal.  I think I will get one of these. 

Susan4629
Level 2
Pittsfield, MA

I do not offer this kind of equipment in my home but I do have a nice TV with remote control and Internet access in the room.