What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy_0-1665671893667.png

Hello everyone!

Most guests don't come to your home to sit inside all day long, though this, of course, depends on what kind of stay you're offering. Having said that, some people still like to make themselves comfortable in the evening or seek relaxation after a long walk or any other activity.

For many, a TV and fast and reliable Wi-Fi are among the basic equipment, though I'm aware this is can not always be provided as some Hosts offer an off the grid stay. However, perhaps there are also Hosts that are very much into technology, and for instance use smart/AI equipped devices in their homes 🤖.

Do you have any devices that control everything from lights all the way to the TV in your home? Do you also offer your guests to make use of them?

I'd love to hear from you!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

55 Replies 55

I have the same problem, too. 

I ask them to message me when they go out.

You should use a phone app to control it and increase the temp to 78 or other eco-friendly temperature during the day .

I control it using Nest and sometimes invite parties who will be there for several weeks to the app so it is easy for them to turn up the temp or turn it off when they leave.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Is there any way to have an automatic timer of some sort? @Sudsrung0 

-----

Me too, but if I see them leave via Ring camera, I can shut it off or raise the AC temp until they return 

I do that with Nest thermostat controlled  with Google Home app by phone 

Connie474
Level 2
Houston, TX

Smart locks for main entry and each private room.

scheduled auto lock on exterior doors- they sometimes forget to lock doors

smart TV with guest mode for streaming their own services

getting ready to add nest thermostats to monitor dual ac unit 

Washer/dryer- 

Would be interested to know if having nest thermostats to control temperatures or turning off when no guests booked, aiming for savings on utility bill? Any other purpose?

Any positive reviews or reasoning for having smart locks in the bedrooms if renting the whole unit/house?

I was thinking that washer/dryers for short term rentals were a given/must haves.

I like to offer an off the grid experience so there's no TV and things as such in my place. I do however have hi-speed internet and access to all my streaming accounts. Thinking of adding a smartlock and other pretty cool hi-tech features. A lot of good ideas shared here - the electricity meter and some kind of remote A/C control would be great.

Can't see a need for bedroom for whole units...

We added w/d after a year and guests like them but about 50% use them after 4 yrs

I rent out private rooms and secure access to rooms are a must.  Allieviate need for safes that don’t get used.

it’s like being in a hotel

Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

We cater to the romantic couple, offering a private hot tub at each of our rentals. We also installed smart TVs we just need to make sure each remote is labeled to connect with the right TV. We also keep power towers with plug ins and USB ports. Each kitchen is fully stocked.  We ‘visit’ our own spaces periodically to make sure they are fully safe and complete. Each property also has a smart lock on entry door. We use erental locks (for 10 years) and just completed an exterior wall mural at our beach house which we all love!61EF0CDA-9199-46F5-8EDB-AC73B0A51E39.jpeg

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Debi1, this looks amazing! 🤩  

-----

Monica528
Level 2
Orlando, FL

we have a Lake house in Florida
We offer fast internet.

4 Smart TV’s with access to our Hulu & Netflix accounts. 

Front door is keyless & auto lock after 15 seconds.

Washer-dryer

changing this weekend the front coach light with a dusk to down bulb system.

many guests leave this light on during the day.

Wouldn’t each guest then have your Netflix password to use at their will once they leave?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Barb3178 

There

s been some fabulous contributors here in CC who suggested using part of the Guests phone number for internet or keyless/ smart key access.

That may help with preventative measures you mention.