What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What kind of modern amenities do you offer?

Quincy_0-1665671893667.png

Hello everyone!

Most guests don't come to your home to sit inside all day long, though this, of course, depends on what kind of stay you're offering. Having said that, some people still like to make themselves comfortable in the evening or seek relaxation after a long walk or any other activity.

For many, a TV and fast and reliable Wi-Fi are among the basic equipment, though I'm aware this is can not always be provided as some Hosts offer an off the grid stay. However, perhaps there are also Hosts that are very much into technology, and for instance use smart/AI equipped devices in their homes 🤖.

Do you have any devices that control everything from lights all the way to the TV in your home? Do you also offer your guests to make use of them?

I'd love to hear from you!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

55 Replies 55

@Barb3178 No. You can log the TV into your account and assign it a PIN number which is required to make changes and purchases.  Therefore no one had access to your account information.

Thx, I didn’t know you could do that. I’ll look into it. I’m assuming I’d access those actions under the account tab on Netflix?

barb

I offer a media room with lighting and backdrop for those needing to create contents  for social media marketing and/or lifestyle. 

Barb3178
Level 2
Comox, Canada

I’m trying out Chromecast for streaming options but so far guests find it too difficult. People ask how to use washer and dryer people even though there are clear short directions attached to the machines. Im considering something other than a key for the shared front door entrance but it will need to be simple. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Barb3178, I have a Chromecast as well. It has been great so far, and while it supports a majority of media players for streaming, I've encountered a few that are not supported. Netflix works perfectly fine though 🙂

-----

@Barb3178 we were confused about how to use the washer/dryer on a trip to Europe. There were instructions posted but in a language I could not translate. You might get good insight if you ask guests what they don’t understand.

we use erental locks which are not wifi dependent (simple) and they are located in Canada.

Sheila646
Level 9
Elizabeth, CO

We have keyless entry, which we love except for the fact it burns through batteries. We also have smart TV, satellite, and a DVD player. All of the remotes are marked and there are instructions. Our property caters to families with kids and the little geniuses have the television up and running immediately without looking at the instruction card. Since we are in a hiking and riding location, we opted for a small 32 -inch television as more of a rainy day activity. The kids don't think it's suitable for gaming. Oh well. 

We have USB ports on all of the alarm clocks for charging phones. We also have WiFi and smart speakers. We give guests a few sample phrases to get them started with the speakers: play music, play relaxing sounds, set an alarm, what is the weather tomorrow, tell me a joke, etc. They seem to be using it. Even if they didn't we use them to play music while we clean. 

Finally we have a hot tub. Our longer term guests use that a lot.PXL_20220709_150721452.jpg

Farm Diva
Erin74
Level 2
Nashville, TN

I used to have a fancy speaker system but there were too many questions and issues using it, so I have scaled back to just a TV with streaming services and my “sleepover room” with 4 Queen beds has a TV with a basket of DVDs! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sometimes, simplicity is the best @Erin74😊

-----

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Quincy we offer central heating - a modern amenity that hasn't been offered in our property since it was built in 1750. It must have been very cold before it was installed 4 years ago

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Really none.  Guests  have trouble using the gas stove and figuring out how the bathtub drain works, I don't want to add to this by having a lot of gadgets that guests won't know how to use, will complain about and eventually break.  Of course we offer high speed internet and a smart TV, but beyond that no, and no plans to change.

I provide phone chargers since guests often forget.

1 extra power strip per bedroom.

Coffee, tea and a snack tray.

Beach towels, umbrella, chairs and coolers.

High speed internet and smart TVs

Lotions, moisturizers, as well as the standard shampoo and creme rinse.  

I think my reply went to the wrong post.

On gadgets, I have a high-end espresso machine as well as a traditional coffee maker.

A laminated instruction set goes a long way to avoid problems.  If you can take pictures and provide step instructions for each device, I have found this to be very helpful.

Doyle1
Level 2
Australia

We offer a Dyson hair dryer, + straightener, hot and cold air purifier, smart lock, and built-in Bluetooth shower. Nespresso coffee machine, smart TV with Netflix and  USB plugs

Andrew-Monia0
Level 5
Bologna, Italy

I installed USB sockets, Smart TV with Netflix and Prime, make-up remover wipes so as to avoid throwing towels!

Smoke detector, Nespresso coffee machine