Where has the listing views for the next 2/3 months ahead info gone?

Victoria696
Level 4
Winchester, United Kingdom

Where has the listing views for the next 2/3 months ahead info gone?

Hi all,

I hope everyone is safe and well.

I used to find the listing view number charts for the next two to three months ahead really very useful, as if I was not getting many hits I could adjust my rates accordingly.

I was wanting to see how much interest there was (number of views of my listing) in the coming summer months after lock down has hopefully ended but I can no longer find this feature available, has it been removed, I really miss it?  

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers

Victoria

9 Replies 9
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

Hi @Victoria696 , I think we need to adjust the days in 'Performance'.

The default is "Last 30 Days", but by clicking that the other options appear.

The maximum future is "180 Days", and the maximum past is "365 Days".

Hopefully this helps? I'll have a pint of 'Boys' at the Wykeham Arms please...

Cheers, Charles

Mark3279
Level 2
Paihia, New Zealand

Hi Victoria

I agree, I think it was the most useful stat... and they have removed it! 

I spoke to support and they said they give percentages now.  I said please pass on very strongly it is CRAZY to have removed the most important information, listing views! The percentages are ok but only WITH the actual numbers of views!

They said to give feedback and hopefully they will put it back. So hopefully everyone will use the link below and tell them how crazy it was to remove the listing views chart for upcoming months!

They even acknowledged it was really useful... so why the Hell did they remove it then I said!

Airbnb Support7:42 AM
I know that the chart to show the number of views are really helpful to hosts, however, as of the new update, we have made some few changes and instead of number we are giving the percentage.

I really apologize for this one. I know that this is a great feature and we would like to hear your thoughts about this. You can send your feedback here:

airbnb.com/feedback

This is how many of our best features were implemented, by direct contact with our users who took the time to let us know how we can improve.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi @Mark3279 Hope you are well up North & escaped damage from the storm that blew through New Zealand overnight.

The new views information only gives up to what's happening the next 7 days and doesn't show any info of assistance like the old version where we could see visits to our calendars.

@Charles224would you please put a screenshot up online for us?

It only shows that time frame in advance to book not the number of potential visitors who are looking at our listing with view to book in future.

The changed info with upcoming reservations isn't much use, less so with or current isolation from the world & economic crisis.

Cheers

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand 

Hi Helen, did you see Sarah's workaround below? Not as good as the old one but better than nothing 🙂

Hi @Helen427 , sorry for the delay. And I'm having trouble uploading a screenshot just now. Hopefully @Sarah977 and @Mark3279 have answered this question;

Summarising: Performance / Conversion / Views / and then in the section Page Views, simply adjust the 'Time Frame' to your desired past or future.. (the options range from Last 365 days to Next 180 days)

and we all know that the NEXT options are useful for planning.

Stay safe everyone!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mark3279 Yes, I already sent feedback. You actually can see a views graph, but it doesn't look like the old one, and it's really convoluted to get to. When you are on the Performance section, in the left box with all the options, near the top it says views and has the number of views. If you click on the number there, it takes you to a view graph.

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for that, hadn't been able to find that. Not the same and not as good but better than nothing like I thought... and the girl from help I was messaging with didn't say anything about finding it there!

Thanks again 🙂

@Mark3279  Yeah, it took me awhile of clicking around on everything until I found it. Why on earth they decided to bury it under so many layers is insane. Airbnb has a love affair with clicks. the more the better. Why click on one thing to get to what you want, when you can click on 5 in a row? Every change they have made on our hosting pages since I started hosting over 3 and a half years ago has been for the worse. It's the most user-unfriendly site I've ever dealt with. I guess that's what you get when you have a bunch of 20 year old techies who have never been hosts given free rein to redesign things that had no need of redesigning. 

I was thinking exactly the same, obviously not someone with hosting experience, as they should know that future views gives the best indication of upcoming demand