2020, Pictures we never thought we would see and will never forget!

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

2020, Pictures we never thought we would see and will never forget!

IMG_1515 (1).jpg

I don't know about you but I've never had so many firsts of a life routine change in one year and hope to never match this year in the future (other than surviving 2020).   Just walking or driving has provided a bizarre yet historical look at what something we cant even see with the human eye can do to screw up an already challenged planet.  So this thread is about uniquely 2020 pictures we really want to pass us by but will never forget.   This ones my contribution!  Its a shot of a pretty unique Rooster chandelier I got many years ago in a sidewalk sale over the sink has a new purpose we never imagined we would use it for, a walkabout mask drying rack!   We soak them overnight in soap and water, rinse and hang them here.  The pellet stove in the living room behind it accelerates the drying nicely!  I really would rather it have a more holiday appropriate and less utilitarian thing like Mistletoe on it (Melodie might not agree with that one!!!!)!   I know you have a picture that is just so 2020 it should be enshrined here in this thread, show us your 2020, Stay well, JR

10 Replies 10
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Home schoolingHome schooling

1D92FCCD-E1D8-4BF5-84D3-08616CF57CDF.jpeg

Hey @Melodie-And-John0 . What a lovely post! 
I have three images that I wouldn’t have thought of pre-Covid19 2020.

1. One of three grandchildren, who live locally, that we were home schooling. Our grandson was fed up with inside word learning and wanted to be outside. Garry set up his learning words on the pavers , then was saying them out loud. Our grandson was hopping/stepping onto them as he heard them. (Kinaesthetic learning) Garry was then videoing him for his teacher.

2. Segregating our shared laundry for AIrbnb guests. Placed a blue ribbon on the everything that was for their exclusive use.

3. A display of Teddy Bears. A community effort for families with small children, out exercising during lockdown. Something to make them excited and less overwhelmed by Covid19 upheaval.

CA45BB69-9F60-485E-9B64-28A2F1EC819C.jpeg

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 That's such a creative way to help the little ones to learn during the pandemic! I can only imagine how hard this past year must have been for kids. It made me happy to see your grandson having fun outside while learning 😊. nice one

bless you and your family @Cathie19 !   Improvise and overcome is the key phrase of the year, looks like you are on top of it.  Stay well, JR

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such a great topic, @Melodie-And-John0!

The face masks hanging to dry have definitely become a sight that sums up 2020 pretty well. Hopefully next year you'll get your mistletoe though (sorry Melodie 😆 ).

This is my contribution:

2020.jpeg

A birthday celebration in 2020.

@Liv , Happy Birthday, not the way it should be, virtual hugs just aren't the same, Im looking forward to handshakes, bear hugs and only Doctors wearing masks!   Stay well, JR

this year has really brought a lot of changes in my life

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

A Covid19 test station where the Christmas Market ought to be

Covid 19 Festplassen.jpgJulemarkedet.jpg

@Marit-Anne0 , thats so sad, I can't wait till the word Covid is in history books and not on the tip of our tongues!   The fix is in with 2 vaccines now flowing in the US, its just gonna take some time to bring us back to a place where its only a bad memory!  Stay well, JR

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Melodie-And-John0 thanks ❤ my hope is that the test station will soon become a vaccination station. First vaccines to arrive right after Christmas. Those over 85 get priority, not quite there yet, but hopefully old enough to get vaccinated during the first quarter of 2021. 

Im ready for mine as well @Marit-Anne0  , i'm a ways down the line (59) but they wont have to ask me twice and I will be there (though I hate needles!!!!).   until then, stay well, JR