A lament for Sarah977

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

For reasons unknown to us, @Sarah977  is no longer part of the airbnb community centre.

Known to everyone here for her passion, straight-talking, insight and ability to cut through to the heart of almost all topics that come up on the community centre- I’m certain she’ll be sorely missed.

Join me in wishing her all the best- I know she can’t see it but I’m sure it’ll be appreciated nonetheless.

Best wishes 

Paul 😊

78 Replies

Re: A lament for Sarah977

in
Alberta, Canada
Level 10

@Paul1255  I still can’t believe it. @Sarah977. 41,258 kudos. That says it all. You always spoke the truth. You will be missed dearly.

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

Same @Colleen253 quite the shock 

in
Paris, France
Level 10

A wakeup call doesn’t have to be a “heart attack” but can be as subtle as just knowing something is “off” or doesn’t feel quite right.

What’s truly important is pay better attention and to do better.

Perhaps a wake up call is for…….Perhaps a wake up call is for…….

in
Jersey City, NJ
Level 10

@Paul1255  I agree.  What strange times we live in.

Level 10

@Paul1255, @Mark116 , @Colleen253 

I'm  not seeing @Sarah977 on the community center current or previously.  However I was able to find her profile and send her a PM a moment or so ago.

in
Alberta, Canada
Level 10

@M199 I did the same. And I believe she would still be able to view posts, but not comment, @Paul1255.

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Colleen253 @M199  She has been banned from accessing the CC so she can’t log in to view posts or messages. 😩

You can PM and tag any member past or present but past members will not receive PMs or be notified of a tag.

in
Zagreb, Croatia
Level 10

Airbnb CC members and everyone who needs good advice or help will miss @Sarah977 

To ban the most active and helpful member just because she said something that someone didn't like is shameful. But I am not surprised, we lost Ute last year for the same reason.

CC used to be a place where we could not only hear good ideas and find what's new but we could also have fun and a good laugh and meet new friends. Now we can only read frustrations about someone getting suspended for an unknown reason or scammed for a refund or got a retaliatory review.

Tomorrow, when Laura leaves, this CC will be depressive like daily newspapers.

in
Chicago, IL
Level 10

@Sarah977 You will be greatly missed here !

in
England, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Stephanie Ignoring the current situation (whatever that may be) with @Sarah977 what does it take to get banned from the CC? If it is a number of 'offences' should that number be greater the more you post or should it reset every year? If not then the experienced folks will all be lost over time.

@Sarah977 was often critical of Airbnb but equally she brought intelligent and witty comment to the CC which will be sorely missed.

in
Victoria, Australia
Level 10

@Paul1255@ Sarah 977 there was a big flurry in the latter part of the Paul1255 convo about the new rules Sarah may have said a few things to regret but I am sure she will be back soon

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone and thanks @Paul1255 for starting this thread to thank Sarah for great contributions over the years. 

Thanks for sharing your concerns about this user. We have been working with them for some time regarding the Community Center Guidelines and the Airbnb Nondiscrimination Policy, that all users agree to by joining this forum. These rules are in place for everyone, regardless of tenure on the CC, in order to maintain a healthy and constructive space where all opinions and thoughts are welcomed. 

It’s something that happens exceptionally rarely here on the CC but unfortunately we have had to restrict her access moving forward. As this is a personal case, we would ask you that you reach out to myself or any other EN community manager with any concerns rather than publicly discussing out of respect for the user.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Can’t find what you’re searching for?
Click start a conversation to ask the Airbnb Community! 

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

I feel awfully sad when members of our community- living, breathing humans- are referred to as users.

I suppose at the end of the day that’s what we all are- and might be how we are viewed by the companies that we come here to support, but we are also so much more than that.

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Hi @Paul1255 ,

It's industry standard terminology for some that uses forum technology like this, though I can see why it can be interpreted as indifferent. I'll be more mindful of adapting that language on the CC in the future, thanks for the feedback.

Having had a cup of tea and cake with you @Paul1255 , I hope you can see we definitely don't see our host community like that!

Thanks,

Can’t find what you’re searching for?
Click start a conversation to ask the Airbnb Community!