Advice needed - My brief few hours layover in Seattle

Jayshree-G0
Level 2
Chennai, India

Advice needed - My brief few hours layover in Seattle

Dear Seattlers,

I'm Krish from Chennai, India, and get from Dubai to Seattle, Seatac, on Saturday, 23rd June at 11.50am,

would be close to 2pm by the time I finish clearing immigration.  I need to get back to Seattle domestic airport

by 4.30pm, to checkin in for my connecting flight to Kansas City.  

In this spare time of little over two hours, I wish to visit the Jimi Hendrix Memorial in Greenwood Memorial Park, in Renton. 

I gather it is not too far from Seatac.

Is anyone up to providing company from Seatac to the Memorial and back ?  Or suggest a simple and quick way to get there and 

back, with approx. cost, Uber maybe ?

If someone is personally helping out, please advise cost so that I could possibly cover it. Or of course, if the kind soul

is going to visit India, as a quid pro quo I could offer to host for three nights in Chennai, with breakfast, gratis !

Cheers !

Krish 

8 Replies 8
Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Jayshree-G0 if I lived in Seattle, I would pick you up and take you. Sadly, I live in New Mexico. Hope that you find someone to take you!

Hi Ms. Rebecca, thanks for your wishes,

No luck yet, in fixing up my trip to the Memorial in Seattle. Have close to ten days yet,

getting there. Hoping to find a Good Samaritan over the Saturday evening in Seattle !

My son lives in Renton. I will check with him and see if he is available.  Will let you know soon.

Jayshree-G0
Level 2
Chennai, India

@Mary-And-Kelly0

Will be great if he can make it. People do have their schedules, whether weekday or weekend.  Will keep my fingers crossed. 

, Hi there Ganapati I have checked with my son and he unfortunately has prior commitments on this day. I am really sorry I was hoping he could help you. My only other suggestion is to call Uber give them your time frame and see if they can do it. The other option is a taxi. I would do it but I live 3 hours from Seattle. I hope you find a way to do this as it is definitely worth seeing. I have never used Uber so I have no idea of cost. If anything changes I will certainly let you know. I feel really bad that I couldn't help you. Will keep trying and will let you know if I come up with any other options for you!

Jayshree-G0
Level 2
Chennai, India

Hi Ms. Mary and Ms Kelly, thanks so much for your suggestions and advice, much appreciate. 

I'll make a quick assessment of the time on hand in Seatac, after clearing immigration and customs, and see if I can make a dash to the Greenwood Memorial Park and back. I'm familiar enough with Uber here in India, but was told it's all cashless in the US, so I'll check around Seatac and figure it out.

Thanks again and Warm Regards

GK

Mary-And-Kelly0
Level 7
Leavenworth, WA

@Jayshree-G0, Hi Ganapati just wanted to follow up and see if you found a way to make this happen. Did you get to see the gravesite?

Jayshree-G0
Level 2
Chennai, India

Hi Mary And Kelly,

Sorry for the delay in my update - I had a hectic trip in the US, with a bare few hours in Seatac, where so many flights from across the world had landed that particular Saturday afternoon, I could not make it to the Memorial.  Now that I'm back home, I got time to respond. 

There's always next time, as they say.

Much appreciate your suggestions and advice.  

Sincerely

GK