After 1 flood, 3 AC broke down and a death, I neeeeeeed a vacay asap.

Christine812
Level 2
Clearwater, FL

After 1 flood, 3 AC broke down and a death, I neeeeeeed a vacay asap.

Where did you go that you had the time of your life. I need a place to burry my face in bliss. I need love

8 Replies 8
Noel102
Level 10
Houston, TX

I hiked Mount St. Helens.  It's an hour's drive from a cell signal.  It was just me and the mountain.  It was glorious and for my time there the rest of the world didn't exist.  I hope you find the serenity you're looking for.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine812,

I'm sorry to hear life has been hard recently. I hope things are picking up. 

Are there any types of holidays you are looking for? Hot/Cold? 

Similar to @Noel102, I find if I go somewhere without phone signal, you have less distractions and you can really soak in the time to rest. For me, I love the sea and the weather doesn't matter to me that much, as it's lovely when it's calm, but amazing to watch when it not. 

Looking forward to speaking with you more and best of luck with everything. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Amos18
Level 7
Nairobi, Kenya

You can hike a mountain as Noel is saying. This will help to recovery. Try Mt. Kenya

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw sounds nice @Amos18. I find hiking or exercise in general, is a good way to get the oxygen pumping around your body and getting some of those happy-vibes following. 

Do you regularly climb Mt. Kenya? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Christine812 I second the above comments regarding hiking the Pacific Northwest. Absolutely serene. Joshua Tree in SoCal is another great choice.

I’ve hear about Joshua Tree as well.  Good choice!

Amos18
Level 7
Nairobi, Kenya

Yes Lizzie am an all time climber in Mt. Kenya. A challeging excersice helps a person to overcome some life issues

Adrienne107
Level 4
Seattle, WA

Bliss is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Solo hiking can be soul-reviving, no question, but for strong extroverts it can also be very lonely. My most cherished memories are of meeting cool people in unexpected places. If you're not the backpacking type, consider going somewhere you've always wanted to go (really doesn't matter where, could be two towns over or halfway round the world), and challenge yourself to really connect with the place. Talk to the locals. Ask a bartender where they go to relax. Turn off your phone and talk to humans face to face, people who don't know you and have no preconceived ideas about who you are supposed to be. So liberating!