Airbnb Open Breakfast 2015 - Share Your Moments

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Open Breakfast 2015 - Share Your Moments

Organised entirely by Airbnb hosts, the first Open Breakfast took place this weekend (Saturday 12th December). Hosts from around the world opened their doors to nearby hosts, that they may not have met before, and shared breakfast together. A lovely way to get to know new people and enjoy some great food. 🙂

If you took part in the Open Breakfast, please share your favorite moments, stories and photos with the rest of the community. Do you have any deliciously looking photos of you breakfast table? Perhaps you could share how your Breakfast worked, did you all bring a dish each? 

We can't wait to hear all about it - happy posting 🙂

* Upload you photos by clicking on the little camera icon in your tool bar above or share your stories in a post.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

12 Replies 12
Lisa19
Level 1
Seattle, Washington, United States

It was great.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lisa19,

Lovely to meet you. Good to hear you enjoyed the Open Breakfast. 

Was there anything in particular that made it great for you? What did you eat? 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lisa19
Level 1
Seattle, Washington, United States

Loved the quiche and muffins and learned alot and met nice people
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lisa19,

This sounds lovely thanks so much for sharing - it is great to hear you met some nice people, plus your post is making me feel quite hungry now! I am quite intrigued by the quiche. 🙂

Are there any other hosts who attended or arranged an Open Breakfast who want to join our discussion? Personally, I am really interested to hear what type of things are eaten for breakfast across your different countries. Did you meet any new hosts in your area? 

Thanks so much. Happy posting. 

--------------------

Scott4
Level 2
Richland, WA

Hi @Lizzie!

Open breakfast sounds like a good idea but had not heard of it 'till now. Maybe next year? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Scott4,

Great to hear you are interested in the Open Breakfasts and it lovely to meet you. This was the first year this event has taken place, I would be happy to pass on your interest to my colleague who has been running this year's event and she can then keep you posted. 

I've just looked at your listing, looks like you have been a host for quite some time and congratulations on your Superhost status. 🙂

In general, do you go to many meetups or events in your area? 

Thanks so much 🙂

--------------------

I am not aware of any meetups or happenings in this area as larger cities are a few hours away. Us hosts in the hinterlands will have to settle for "virtual" ibreakfasts I guess. Have a great holiday season!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Scott4, no worries at all.

The good thing with the Open Breakfast events (as far as I'm aware) is as they are run by hosts they can be held nearly anywhere, so no need for an ibreakfast, when you can have a real tasty breakfast - with face to face people! 

Have a lovely festive holiday too. 🙂

--------------------

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Didn't know about it @lizzie, but sounds great fun. What an excellent idea. As I give my guests #breakfasts anyway do keep me posted.

The favourite definitely is the #fullEnglish. Being Dutch but living in London once I also ventured making #kroketten which I shared with my guests at the time. They are absolutely delicious>

kroketten.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dieneke0, these look very tasty. I am intrigued to know what do you put in your kroketten? Fantastic to hear you would be interested in the Open Breakfasts, I will make sure you are kept in touch about this. 

Also, not sure if you have seen this thread: Meal of Champions but there is a great discussion about cooking for guests which you might like to join. 

--------------------

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lizzie

This is the base recipe for the #Dutch #kroketten:

First you prepare a ragout. This ragout, can be varied upon in many ways. Not only can the main ingredient be different (meat, fish, shrimp, vegetables), but of course the herbs and spices, the used liquid (stock, wine, milk, even plain water), and added ingredients (fried onions, bacon or mushrooms) can be changed too. Then the kroket is breaded and deepfried. My favourite is with meal.

What a great thread the #Meal of Champions. Will post something there given that I love #cooking as well as #design. 

Bronwyn0
Level 6
Melbourne, Australia

Mornington Peninsula Hosts Group in the beach areas of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, all met at a local breakfast venue by the water for the Airbnb Open Breakfast 2015. We had over 30 hosts join us, some new and others who have been meeting regularly. 

Suan Lee, Brian and myself who had all been to the Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris covered different aspects of the Open from our favourite session, best tip for a Airbnb host and our take home messages from the founders. We all agreed it was the only time we had ever been at such a large event and if you went to talk to anyone they were so welcoming and friendly. Gotta love Airbnb Hosts!

We also shared all the You Tube links so people could go home and see what they missed from the Airbnb Open 2015.

IMG_8646.JPGIMG_8645.JPGIMG_8643.JPG