Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb for travelling!

Oslo.png

Hello everybody!

I hope you're all having a great day.

I was looking through my photo's of when I went on holiday to Oslo (Norway) with my partner. This was the first time that I used Airbnb in travel mode. The host was accommodating, and her smart house was luxurious and impressive plus we got to play around with the 2 indoor cats 🙂

Our host recommended us many places to visit and where to have local food, so our first experience using Airbnb for travelling was very satisfying!

Where was the first place you visited as an Airbnb guest?

I'd love to see your comments 🙂

Quincy

Vigeland Sculpture Park, Oslo (Norway) 

Vigeland Sculpture Park

IMG_8209.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

23 Replies 23
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Linda108 @Rachael26 @Zacharias0 @Willow3 @Annette33 @Gerry-And-Rashid0 @Lawrene0 @Shelagh2 @Bruce43 @MicheleandLouw0, I thought that this topic might interest you 🙂 

-----

@Quincy wow looks nice, airbnbI am going to London Airbnb near Wembley for three nights then on to Bradford on Avon(Woolley Grange) going south to bracklesham bay. I will keep you all posted.I need to burn some of my profits. 

@Quincy if one thinks of it I can go to the British muesum and see all the treasures from all over the world. ironic yet a pleasure for a Sept. day I hate museums and prefer the pubs.we are going in summer clothes and buy all new ones there.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Bruce43,

Great to hear that you're coming to London!

I've been to a couple of pubs in London that are quite famous for their beverages. The ones I've been to were The Harp, The Porterhouse, and The Lamb & Flag 🙂

Keep me informed about your trip to London!

-----

@Quincy

Thanks for thinking of me Quincy - and best wishes to you in your new role as community forum contributor and moderator.

I will not be using or contributing to the community forums any longer, so don't worry about including my name in any future posts - I find the 'moderation' here a little too unbalanced for me and therefore not worth my time it takes to make any meaningful contributions.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

My first stay as Airbnb guest was actually the most disappointing one. Luckily I didn't give up, and had quite a few very nice and happy bookings and encounters later.

My first one was supposed to be something like glam camping off the grid, on Navajo land  just outside of Page, AZ. Mainly because of the high pricing ($185 to sleep on a saggy cot), did I come away with the feeling that this is almost like some kind if tourist trap, but because if the ethnic background nobody dares raising that point. Just a few  little caring  touches would have helped a lot. As it is, super busy with lots of guests on their property, the owners write  the exact same 2 word review for each guest, two words: thank you. Not really a review, but prompting guests to write one. I didn't.

@Annette33 I told my wife last month we are going on a holiday and asked her where to?

She has family all over England Bath, and Salisbury in the south.i put all the info into a folder called "Sabrina's kick the bucket list."

It was a simple typo I swear  

I was 18 when I married my first wife.she was from jamez pueblo nm.

We lived on the reservation for a while about five months.

Received my draft notice and we ran to Vancouver Canada.

Lots of drinking going on the reservation for sure.

And turquoise jewelry.

@Annette33 no idea what I just posted ok my first Airbnb.

Nevermind.

I just checked in a family from Houston Texas/Israel friendly folks 3-night stay. Two kids 11 and 13.

Here for a function at the hotel pastoral.

Laughed at all my jokes. And in the morning kicked me in the head, **bleep** music in my head.better than voices. 

hehe, @Bruce43 , Jemez Pueblo!! My home turf for a long time, so close to Taos....

so you recognize all of this, I bet: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152623686434183.1073741855.680579182&type=1&l=2c233ccb4a

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Hello @Quincy

You're new to me, but then I'm new to Airbnb CC 🙂 Nice to meet you!

I'm actually doing my first experience as an Airbnb guest tomorrow! I'm going to be a tourist in my own country and do a hike to the rock Trolltunga.

Trolltunga.jpg

It is considered to be a hike of 10-12 hours of walking. And it is a 3 hour drive from where I live. So I asked my sister if she wanted to check if there was any accomodations close by the start of the trail and sleep there so that we could begin early in the morning and avoid the queues of tourists from abroad.

Wish me luck!

Mariann 🙂

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

That's an amazing photo Mariann. Are you going to replicate that? 🙂 

@Quincy I'm also going to be having my first Air soon in LA as a stopover. I'm a keen birder and have booked a lovely place right next to a wetlands. I am hoping to knock up a good 50-60 new spieces . Can't wait 🙂  I Havnt done an uber yet either ..slightly nervous 🙂 

I can asure you @Ria16! I do not have the stomach to replicate it! 😅😅🤣🤣 Nor is it safe... There are several hundred meters to fall if I stumble. Some do... Natural selection it is called...

But I might do a hesitant crawling on my stomach, like a snake, to see if I dare to go to the edge...

Mariann 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mariann4,

Nice to meet you to too!

That's an amazing picture you took there! It's breathtaking 🙂

How did it go doing Airbnb as a guest?

-----