Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb for travelling!

Oslo.png

Hello everybody!

I hope you're all having a great day.

I was looking through my photo's of when I went on holiday to Oslo (Norway) with my partner. This was the first time that I used Airbnb in travel mode. The host was accommodating, and her smart house was luxurious and impressive plus we got to play around with the 2 indoor cats 🙂

Our host recommended us many places to visit and where to have local food, so our first experience using Airbnb for travelling was very satisfying!

Where was the first place you visited as an Airbnb guest?

I'd love to see your comments 🙂

Quincy

Vigeland Sculpture Park, Oslo (Norway) 

Vigeland Sculpture Park

IMG_8209.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

23 Replies 23

I have to clear it up, @Quincy: It is NOT my picture! I can not take credit for it. But it is easy to take good pictures with good motives 🙂 At least easier... 😉

The experience as guest was as expected. Probably could have chosen an other place. But it was fine 🙂 It is a tiny village with 7 houses. 5 host on Airbnb! The hike is THAT popular!

Mariann 🙂

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Quincy This Dec 2017 I will visit New Zealand and using 3 airbnb home. I hope this will teach me to see in guest side. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds like my kind of trip @Mariann4 🙂 Are you a keen hiker?

My first Airbnb travel experience was actually staying on a boat in Sardinia. Waking up to look out at the blue sea is just incredible, what do you think?...

Boat

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello @Lizzie.

I love to hike. It is the doorstep that is the problem and longest mile...

We had a fantastic hike, 10 hours and the last three were all about rain.  So the descent was hard. But well worth it. And on the tongue we were lucky to witness to proposals! My sister was sitting and testing the zoom on her camera while waiting for my turn to go out to the tip of the tounge to be photographed (the queue can be up to two hours wait). Suddenly the man kneels while she had the couple in the middle of her screen! How about that?? She managed to remember to take a photo. I probably would have been too distracted by the situation 😄

The stay as a guest was nice also. Never met the host. But had a good night sleep before the long hike.

Boating in Sardinia sound like a perfect vacation! Life's too short for all the should-haves...

Mariann 🙂

FrieriTrolltunga.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Mariann4, this is incredible and what an amazing place to get proposed to. Was there any sign on what her answer was?! 🙂

Glad you had a great hike, I bet you were pretty tired after 10 hours of walking, hope you didn't get too wet. I find, you feel you have truely deserved your dinner after a hike like that! Last time I did that long was when I went walking in Yosemite Park. It was worth it for the view though:

Yosemite

I feel we should create a walking thread! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Well, @Lizzie.

We had to drive three hours to get home after this hike... Actually, I had to since I offered. It was a challenge to use the pedals for a bit... So dinner ended up being a burger from a gas station. Carbs! 😄

You are so right! The prize is the view! And the hike itself. Hiking is fantastic! 🙂

Mariann 🙂

(Both girls said yes. Who wouldn't when a crowd is watching with anticipate? The first girl, not the one in this picture, became so happy she ran of the tongue. She wanted to kiss and hug her new fiancé but didn't want to block the queue of people waiting. So the rest of us got a show in kissing and happy tears 🙂  )

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Nutth0,

It seems you've planned everything out well!

I'm sure that using Airbnb as a guest will give you a lot of new experiences from a different point of view. Perhaps you could apply this in the future on your own listings!

Please keep us all informed about your trip to New Zealand! - We'll be here 😉 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

We travelled to Budapest, and then to a village in Austria. In Budapest we didn't get to meet the host, only their cleaning lady, and the second time in Austria it was really lovely with the hosts staying in the same house and expecting us with a bottle of good wine 🙂

Liga2
Level 5
Riga, Latvia

I have been lucky to meet many thoughtful and super welcoming hosts whenever I have been staying in Airbnb 🙂

I use Airbnb more when travelling with my sister or friends and it`s always so much fun! I love Airbnb much more than hotels!!!

My most memorable Airbnb stays:

*Lithuania

*Russia

*South of France

Keep travelling and enjoy every moment of this wonderful world 🙂

Happy & Sunny Regards from Riga/Latvia

Liga