Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Are you a collector?

Are you a collector_.png

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing well today.

A while ago when I went to Greece on holiday, my friend asked me if I could bring him back a stone from there. He told me that he was collecting small rocks from different countries. I brought him a stone from the 'Shipwreck Beach' on a small island called Zante (Zakynthos).

I was wondering if any of you also collect specific items? Perhaps you collect shells or even pieces of art?

I'm looking forward to seeing your comments! 🙂

The Shipwreck Beach (only accessible by boat) 

IMG_9121.JPG

The next day I went for a trip on a quadbike and could take some pictures of the Shipwreck Beach from above

IMG_9566.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

6 Replies 6
Luke73
Level 8
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Hi @Quincy

When I was a kid and traveled with my parent around Viet Nam, especially Vung Tau city - my favourite tourist place. I just want to take a walk along the shore and collect many conchs - my most interesting activity. Then, I will put these conchs into my collection. 😄

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I collect hand made pottery.  It's all over my house.  Probably around 150 pieces.  There is something so inspiring about transforming a hunk of clay into a work of art.  I've tried several ltimes but just don't have the gift for throwing pots.  My daughter is a potter and makes amazing pieces.  She gave me a fabulous set of coffee mugs for guests to use at our Airbnb listing.  A few years ago my husband and I visited Seagrove, North Carolina.  There are about 70 potters in the area and we shopped as many as our short visit would allow.  Once the truck of the car was full and my wallet empty, it was time to leave.   Each October, the Texas Clay Festival is held in Gruene, Texas.  Potters from across the state display and sell beautiful, hand crafted items. 

Corinna32
Level 1
Conil de la Frontera, Spain

I was a colector and sometimes when i see something i have to get it .... for a friend a family or for myself. In Didim in turquia i saw a stone i pik him up and he was so light that i was thinking in my brother  who had a lot of problems in this time. I gave him this stone like a present whit this words " he seams very havy Alev like your problems take it"  he smiled because he dont waight nothing !  This was my message it is not everytime like it seams to be.....

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

EGG CUPS.

It's great fun to amuse shopkeepers by asking them to teach us (my husband and me) the word for "egg cup" in their language. Sometimes we have to repeat it many times and write it down phonetically. We even have a few on-the-spot videos of shopkeepers teaching us and laughing with us. When I have eggs in the morning, it takes me back in time to those trips. 🙂

Emmanuel96
Level 4
Toronto, CA

I am a collector and oddly enough I collect beach rocks from Greece. I am a Greek Canadian born in Canada to Greek parents. We own property in Greece and have spent countless summers there since I was a child. I've been collecting beach rocks from all over the country for at least 10 visits. All of the rocks are hand chosen carefully for their unique characteristics and beauty which always appears when they're wet.  I usually load my suitcase with about 10lbs of them often exceeding the weight limit for my suitcases and always get stuck paying extra because of it. LOL. I will continue to collect them as long as I can. I've given some away as gifts but mostly I horde them and hope to create something very special with them one day like scatter them along a garden path or build that back yard waterfall or back yard pond. Anyone have any other ideas? I must have at least a hundred lbs by now. lol. When my project is finally completed I will post a pic.

Emmanuel Mark

Toronto ,Canada

Liga2
Level 5
Riga, Latvia

I have a big passion for collecting cute stuff from my travels 🙂

It`s so much fun to get some little surprises for my family and friends!

My favorite:

*Magnets

*Postcards
*Coffee Mugs/Cups

*Something Traditional/Handmade

*Honey

Keep travelling and collecting your favorite things! After many years traveling I`m looking on my fridge and there are my magnets, postcards, positive and inspirational quotes and it reminds me immediately some of my happy travel memories 🙂

@airbnb_riga

Happy & Sunny Regards from Riga 🙂

Liga