Are you freezing your butts off!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Are you freezing your butts off!

We see on the nightly news service multiple crashes on the M something or other with vehicles sliding on icey roads,  and we see temperatures in the minus 30c range across much of America and Europe.

Stop being so self centred and spare a thought for us will you!!

Here is the temperature in the Adelaide Hills this afternmoon at 5.00 pm.

IMG20180118155336 b.jpg

And it is going to be even hotter tomorrow. We are at altitude, and the temperature down in Adelaide tomorrow is tipped to top 44c!

And we have two weeks ahead of us with temps in the high 30s....low 40s. Minimum temperature here in Mt Barker tonight is an estimated 29c

so it will be an uncomfortable night with no sheets and the sweep fans running overtime.

Careful what you wish for....it does tend to come in bucket loads!

Cheers.....Rob

9 Replies 9
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

74 degrees Fahrenheit today is beautiful Palm Springs California 3DDBCDFF-5DA5-4368-8442-9C1E36E9135C.jpeg

You-House0
Level 3
Bangkok, Thailand

Wow! That's HOT! Only 30-32C here in Bangok - quite hot enough, thanks. 

😄

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Robin4 is it usually so hot in this time of the year in Australia? We also had extremly hot summer and now unusually warm winter here. Until today every day was above 0 C , we even sit outside and drink coffee arround noon if it is sunny. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Branka, we actually hit 43c here today in Mt Barker....you may not believe this but Branka, it is actually quite comfortable!!

I say this because the relative humidity here in South Australia is very low. At this time of year we rarely get about 8% relative humidity.....it is a very dry heat. I have been slaving away all day trying to get my guests bathroom reno ready for the next lot of guests tomorrow....and although I have been working hard physically I have not worked a sweat up.

I guess the thing I am thankful for is, we have four clearly defines seasons here. Summer is hot....but it is supposed to be! Autumn is beautiful with the trees all going that lovely colour, and with the days still being in the mid 20s but the nights droping down to 10c. Winter is winter! It gets down to a max of 10to12c during the day and it is not nice to be outdoors. Spring is wonderful....ice on the grass when you get up in the morning and masses of steam as the sun comes up and melts the ice, days when you love being alive. The animals, the birds, the insects love it....it is a re-birth.

We don't have snow, we don't have earthquakes, we don't have hurricanes, we don't have 'twisters', we don't have floods....and we don't have 70% humidity!!

But we do have the occasional day above 40c in the summer....bring it on!!!

Branka, I would just love to sit with you and drink your coffee and talk about where Airbnb is taking us in life.....I would just find the 0c bit a bit hard to handle!!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4 It sounds like great climate . I would also love to sit and drink coffee with you Robin 🙂

And I find 0 C hard to handle too 🙂

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

We will have a high in the 40's next week, has been an exceptionally warm winter.

David
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David126

Ha ha ha, yeah David, as far as cold is concerned I reckon the F stands for something other than Fahrenheit!!

Unless I have got the 'rock hoppers' out and am actually skiing in it, your 40s leaves me 'cold'!!

Cheers....Rob

Graham-And-Michelle0
Level 9
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello Robin,

Guess where your weather ends up?

After crossing the Tasman Sea and picking up tons of moisture,

it arrives here!

Just  what we need for Auckland Anniversary Weekend.

Heat and Humidity.

it has been splendid weather with records broken all over the country.

Best thing is the sea temps.  

Hope your garden is coping .

Cheers

Michelle

@Graham-And-Michelle0

The garden is struggling Michelle! Ade was great at looking after her handywork but that bloody MS has robbed her of the ability to do even the watering!

The beautiful thing about a super hot day Michelle is to sit outside in the late evening when it is so still, not a leaf stirs on the trees and there are 'thunderheads' around lighting up the sky.

I just love sitting out in that with a glass or two of 'red ned'.....and I sure did last night!

Michelle, it doesn't matter what we send your way you still manage to have the most beautiful country on earth!

Cheers.....Rob