Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Big sporting events

Sports event 2.0.png

Hello everyone,

I hope you've all had a great weekend!

Today I'd like to talk about sports since there have been big sporting events going on recently. Recently we've had the Wimbledon Championships (Tennis) here in London which attracted people from all around the world. When I was still hosting, I had guests specifically come over to attend a rugby game that was going on.

This made me wonder if any of you are hosting guests that are visiting for a sports event? Or maybe you've made plans on attending a sports event yourself?

I would love to hear your answers!

Quincy

Here's is the link to the 'Suggest an off-topic' post—Feel free to post any ideas!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

22 Replies 22
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I thought you might be interested in this one 🙂 @Rhonda34 @Luke73 @Nutth0 @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 @Bruce43 @MicheleandLouw0 @Willow3 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Marit-Anne0 @Mariann4 @Ria16 @Delphine16

-----

Delphine16
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

@Quincy hello, I live in Manchester ... city of football however, I live about 40mins away from the stadiums so I haven't had so far a football supporter staying with us. It is a shame as it is easy to get from us by tram. It must be plenty of rooms near the stadiums, so people don't want to stay with us. If you have any ideas on how to promote our room for sport events, let me kniw -:)

Delph

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Delphine16,

It's great to see you back again—I hope you're doing well!

Maybe you could try to mention something about football in your listing? The football clubs in Manchester are all well known around the globe, and I'm sure that some guests are travelling a long way to see some those football teams in action 🙂

Is there a specific sports team that you're supporting? 

-----

Delphine16
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

@Quincy hi Quincy, I will try to say something in my listing about the football games.. we never know!

I am sorry to say that I am not a football fan, I don't like the atmosphere at the stadium. However, I am from the south west of France, and I used to go to the stadium as a child with my grand Dad to watch rugby. That is a beautiful game, I really enjoy it.. and I love the atmosphere. As student, I was following Stade Toulousain a lot. 

I prefer practising a sport than watching it:swimming, cycling, hiking and a bit of jogging. 

And you, are a football fan? I beleive that you like cycling too... 

Have a great evening,

Delph

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Yup - I have guests coming in 4 days for the UCI 2017 Road Championship in Bergen  

https://bergen2017.no/en/

German radio reporters.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Marit-Anne0,

That sounds great! 

Are you all prepared for their arrival? Also, will you be attending to the Road Championship yourself? 

-----

@Quincy

I am always prepared for the arrival of my guests 😉 I have fled to the north, so my daughter will do the honor.  

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Evening @Quincy

I have as @Marit-Anne0 a big event coming up this weekend.

But so far no interest about my listings. However the competition increased enormously with locals wanting to make "easy" money... And I have put up a pretty stiff price. It's OK though. It lets me stay in my own home in stead of moving in with my parents for the week. 😄

My room is more flexible, and I have seen more views the last two days. So we'll see what happens. 🙂

Mariann 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mariann4!

What kind of event will there be hosted in your city? Sometimes, I would have guests booking with me so that they could attend to the rugby games. Give your listing some time, I'm sure you'll be ok! 

-----

It's the world championship of bicycling @Quincy. Starting Saturday. So I'm about to delist my entire home and stick with my private room. It was just a try to see if there was any interest. 😊

Mariann 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh, I see!

Let me know how it goes @Mariann4 đŸ™‚ 

-----

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Quincy yes, we hosted a group of tennis fans for Davis cup final last year and they booked months in advance . It was very difficult to find any accomodation later, closer to date.

I love big sport events, big concerts /festivals and big fairs hehe đŸ™‚

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0!

I hope you're both doing well. 

Did your guests enjoy their stay? Though I can imagine they might have been spending a lot of time outside. Same here, I enjoy visiting local events 🙂 

Will there be any big events near you anytime soon? 

-----

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Hi @Quincy et al  from a warm and Sunny Orlando.

The second lot of guests that I hosted were in New Zealand especially for the Lions Rugby Tour. I even drove them and picked them up from the game,

A bit miffed as they never left a review (the only ones I've had so far that didn't) but they appeared to enjoy the game. I will never know if it was my driving lol..