Can you find the answer?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Can you find the answer?

Riddle

Hello Everyone,

As it is Friday, I thought it might be fun to start a new game here in the Community Center. 🙂

Tell me, how are you at riddles? Personally I find them really interesting mind teasers, once you've worked out them out!

The way it works: I will start us off here, then you can share what you think it is and then if you solve it, you are the winner and get to share your own riddle. The answers can be everyday objects or common things we would generally know, like a road or a tree.

So here we go...I will start us off nice and gently...

When dropped it will crack and if you crack a smile, it will smile back? 

What do you think?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

19 Replies 19
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is certainly a mind teaser @Branka-and-Silvia0, perhaps even a mind tangle in my case! 🙂 

I think I need to get my abacus out for this one....hehe

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I heard that one but I still can't think of the answer, lol 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I think you may have got us with this riddle this time @Branka-and-Silvia0 🙂 The only thing I can think of, is that you keep the payments seperate, so you keep it as $25 + $5 ($2 + $1 + $1 +$1) and the original $30 that was actually paid to the hotel....??

Are clues? Otherwise, I'm going with Damir on this one! hehe

@Ana7@Damir0@Kirstie@Blagoje0@Kitty-and-Creek0

--------------------

I could not figure it out so I google :). 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 , the trickery is in the faulty premise: you don't mix up subtraction(-3) and then addition(+2), with the aim to return back to 30. the question is only that $5 need to be accounted for, 3 to the guests, 2 to the boy, nothing is missing.

same as if you were to say the room should only cost 20. the boy is sent back with 10, gives each guest 3, keeps 1. so you would ask 30-9=21 +1=22 . where are the last 8? that shows easier how absurd it is...... good one!