*Capture your View*

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

*Capture your View*

As I gaze out of the window...I realise the day has turned into night, with only the faint silhouettes of bare leafless trees moving around in the evening wind to catch my eye. Beyond this, I see the twinkle of delicate Christmas lights beginning to brighten up the skyline and bring energy and life back into the city. This is my view of London, from my window!

Why not share what you can see from your window (or the view your guests can see) and transport us into you home! Feel free to post images (click on the little camera icon on the tool bar above) and/or your descriptions.  🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

18 Replies 18
Paul4
Level 10
Kiawah Island, SC

Hi, Camera icon doesn't seem to work...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Paul4, I am sorry about this, I will take a look into this. Can I just check you are logged in? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Well, to post in here, I think I do have to be logged in...?  (I was logged in) Thank you for looking into this.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Paul4, I have looked into this and it does appear to be working now. It may have been a temporary glitch. Would you mind checking if this is working at your end and if it isn't can you provide me with a little more information on what is displaying when you click on the camera icon, plus what browser you are currently in. What should be appearing is an 'add image' tab, with a button to upload your choosen image.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

--------------------

I tried firefox, chrome and the new windows 10 browser. Also safari on my ipad.  I am not getting an upload button. I am getting a popup window:

"Insert/edit image"

"Source"

(field to type in or paste the source I guess? could not get it to work.)

"Image Description"

(another field)

"Dimensions"

(field)

"X"

(field)

(check box) "Constrain Proportions"

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Paul4, this is very strange, I have found that only appears when I am not logged in (so I can't see my little profile picture, avatar, in the top right-hand corner of the community center page). I will continue to search for a reason for this, but I wonder if you would be happy to describe your view from your window instead of posting a photo? 

--------------------

Works fine for me.

I get a line Choose File (in French)  and can upload a picture and choose its size.

That's outside, at the end of my alley. 

The alignment does not really work, text pushes the picture out of the way.

The size reduction deforms the image and renders it rather horribly. IMG_4998.JPG

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helga0,

Aww lovely photo, it looks so peaceful and the sky is so blue. What time of day was that taken, it looks quite early in the morning when people are just waking up?

I am sorry about the alignment with images, this is a bug and thanks to you for finding it - I have reported it. @Paul4, I have also reported your problems so fingers crossed (and toes) this will be sorted out shortly. 

Please do continue to post images if you can, it is working on most browsers and they are wonderful to see, it would be lovely to read your descriptions as well if you don't have any photos to hand! 🙂

--------------------

Lizzie, I have to thank my guests for taking that picture 😉 I offer a shared room and when I wake up early, I sneak out by the other door and have breakfast accross the place in my favorite bistro. I'm not a morning person at all, but on an autumn day with particualarly beautiful light, very early in the morning, I took some pictures all around the place to add to my listing. That makes it easier to understand my way description when I say: you get out of the metro beside the church etc. I put them in sequence into my listing and people find the place now very easily. 😉

If you are not logged in, you have to enter the "Image Source" so it is best to enter your picture when you are logged in and then you can upload from your computer.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Lovely idea. Here is my viewIMG_0136.JPG

That's a pretty view, David and Fiona. Really uplifting during an early morning coffee and romantic as can be at night.
@Lizzie, I found another effect: I saw the picture on the iPhone, Safari browser, wanted to get it larger to enjoy and could not. Zoom with two fingers spreading doesn't work on the whole page and click on the picture does not make it react like a picture you can zoom either.
Your webmaster must use a really unusual set of commands to make the layout that rigid. Must be an unwanted side effect of another unusual code. I never was on a website before where they overrode all practical browser functions so forcefully.
It feels like saying to a guest : "You booked a spiritual retreat with yogi X. No, you can't remove the nails from the bed, the yogi is keen on his way of spiritual retreats. And no, you can't leave either, the door is closed for the duration." And I feel like the poor guest saying meekly: "But I only wanted to see the yogi and still get a normal bed. And by the way, could he be bothered to get the snakes back into the vase whilst I'm visiting?" You should make the webmaster read all your hospitality pages thrice at mornings and after noon breaks.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@David-and-Fiona0, lovely photo. When I look out the window today all I see is drizzly rain...so this is transporting me to a far away place! Are those boats in you photo little fishing boats? 

@Helga0, thanks for more updates on the photos, I am passing them all over to our tech team, I am hoping these bugs will soon be a distant memory! 🙂

It is great to see your views, do continue to brighten up our days with your photos, if you have any images to hand or fancy popping to your window to capture your view, please do share. 

--------------------

Sunrise in Mendocino. View from Seaside Studio. Merry Christmas to all!sunrise.jpg