Celebrating Cats & Dogs

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Celebrating Cats & Dogs

efabf244_original.jpg

It's been raining cats and dogs the last few days in London (or has it been weeks?), so it seemed appropriate that the International Cat day was yesterday (8/8), while dogs' special day is around the corner (26/8). 

Whether you're a pet owner or not, "cats or dogs?" is a question rarely met with indifference. We say, why not both!

What better way to start the week by sharing stories and photos of our little pals? How do you celebrate their special day?

Looking forward to some cuteness overload 🙂 

Nick

25 Replies 25
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'll do the honours with some photos of Tricky since he was a kitten in Athens, all the way to 7 years old in London.

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

...and I'll pass it over to @Quincy, who I know has a few photos he'd like to share.

Very elegant and dignified, and knowing it 😄 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hahaha, this is painfully accurate - painfully being the key word when going to pet him without permission @Solveig0 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tag @Nick! Tricky's photos are lovely 🥰 

I've got.... 

Milky on his usual spot during daytime ☀️

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 16.34.25.png

Milky on his usual spot in the evening 💤  *the little Airbnb pouch contains some tasty cat snacks* 

8932FFFF-E488-416D-B546-56772512B85D 2.JPG

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I love me a fluffy cat 😍

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love him ❤️ @Quincy 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Omg @Nick @Quincy 

Milky and Tricky are both so gorgeous

How did you come upon them?

Are they the first cats you have had?

We know there are many others who have cats here in CC, maybe you need to go through and tag a few CC Users who have written about cats??

@Milky-Way-Peter0 @Milky0 @Milk0 @Milko7 @Milko5 @Milka0 @Tricka0 @Patrick19 @Patrick17 @Cat0 @Cat9 @Cat5 @Ironkitten0 @Kitty9 @Kitty8 @Kitty6 @Kitty5 @Kitty3 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427@Solveig0, my family is one that loves both cats and dogs! Milky is my second cat (I've had one when I was younger). I've adopted Milky from someone who couldn't take care of him any more.

Here's our family dog, Beau when he was a pup 

IMG_0372.JPG

And this is his most recent photo 😃

PHOTO-2020-09-02-20-42-46.jpg

-----

nuuuuurrrrh 😍

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

oh my that face! @Quincy 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Tricky is my first cat @Helen427 Growing up my grandparents would have cats and dogs but I never owned one myself.

How I found him is not a nice story, but at least it had a good ending.

One night I heard some cries coming from the dumpster when I went to throw the garbage. Turns out it was this kitten. Someone had put him in a plastic bag and threw him in there to die 😞

It was pretty lucky I wasn't wearing headphones. I had to jump in the dumpster to get him out. I took him upstairs, then to the vet the following day and being together ever since.

That was beginning of 2014, and he was about three months old when I found him. I left him for a couple of months when moving to the UK until I settled in, but he joined after that. So landed on his paws nicely I would say 🙂

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Cats AND dogs! ❤❤❤

I'm originally a cat person, but I've learned to love dogs. And we LOVE to host dogs. 

We have our "Chief Mousekeeping Officer" Magnus, who's a farm cat with half a tail. Magnus takes care of the mice and other small vermin and loves to cuddle up on my tummy. 

magnus.jpg

Lukas is our loyal Stabijhound (which means stand-by-me) and watches our house for moles and the vermin Magnus misses. 
The picture is not from our house, but from summer holidays in Norway, where Lukas was watching over the fjord outside our cabin

lukas.jpg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love it when you share Lukas @Solveig0 !!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

They are both lovely! 😍 @Solveig0 

-----