Celebrating #Christmas around the world - Some pictures, this one is from #London

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Celebrating #Christmas around the world - Some pictures, this one is from #London

It would be nice to post here how hosts in different countries celebrate #Christmas for both guests and hosts to see and share.

For me being based in London, Christmas starts in real earnest when the Christmas Past exhibition opens at the Geffrye Museum earlier this week. This lovely museum of the home shows how Christmas was celebrated over the ages through the Period Rooms.

You can read more Geffrye Museum Christmas Past Exhibition, London 

And below you can see the 1830s drawing room with the Christmas celebration of that period. No Christmas tree as yet. Christmas Past at the Geffrye Museum. 1830 Drawing Room. Photo: Hugo Ribeiro

4 Replies 4
Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just to add, but I just checked to see whether I could find the post and it seems to have appeared in local responsible hosting, so only visible for hosts, which isn't really the idea. Will have to do it again then or just leave it for now maybe!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dieneke0

Great topic, thanks for posting. I have moved your thread to the 'The Living Room' board, so both guests and hosts can view it and comment.

This sounds like an interesting exhibition, I will have to try and see it before it closes. Thanks for sharing. 

I am a big fan of mulled wine, so I start to feel Christmassy when I first visit a local Christmas market and the warm spiced fragrance fills the air..! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello Lizzie

Thanks for that. Indeed it would be nice to know as well for guests.

Yes Mulled wine definitely summarises Christmas. In Holland (I am Dutch) we call it Bisschops wijn (bishopswine).

Dieneke

Mrs-Mac0
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Just found the "community" and the forums, but they are scant, and some get no replies at all.  Should this perhaps not be hidden away but appear in a little box every time you open Airbnb?

Anyway, good idea about the Christmas pics, but it seems you are the only one.  Sorry I don't have a current one but who has read this brilliant idea?  Not many.  Such a shame.