Cohabiting superhosts swap program

Ani21612
Level 1
Granada, Spain

Cohabiting superhosts swap program

Hello community. 
First of all congratulations for your great work. 
This time I’d like to propose something fun for hosts that cohabit with guests at home. 

For me it has been very hard to have time to travel since I have my Airbnb. My type of stay is share rooms in my own apartment. My guests love the fact that I’m around and we can do things together. I enjoy the company of my guest so much too.

But when I leave for a few days and I have to leave someone else in charge of the tasks, reviews drop considerably because the warmth of home is very important for my type of travelers. If I block the dates in order to go traveling, then I can’t pay the bills. All these little barrels make us have many difficulties to go to other countries.

This made me think about how interesting could be to make a “Cohabiting superhosts swap program” so we can keep having the same lifestyle but in another country or city or side of the urban area. Only superhosts know how to be a superhost. And I think it would be so much fun and enriching to ba able to interchange positions for a while. 

I contacted Airbnb help center, and they thought it’s such a good proposal, they took note to send it to the central and encouraged me to post it here. 

What do you think about having such a program for us on Airbnb? 

I have a cozy and luminous apartment right in the center of Granada (Spain) with 3 guests rooms and one 25m2 host room. Is there anyone interested in swapping with me for a few months? 

11 Replies 11
Narges7
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

it’s so funny that last night I was thinking that I love travelling,how good is that I exchange my place with another host ,and then tonight I just wanted to surf through Airbnb to find that is there any option like what I was thinking and I see your idea which it seem great to me 🤔😊@Ani21612 

Caree1
Level 2
Chula Vista, CA

I like it. Great idea for the far future.

Edna85
Level 2
Seaford, DE

Ani,

What a great idea!  I would love to try it, but my lack of foreign languages would not work for us.  Besides, a few months is a long time...couple weeks maybe.  Hope someone takes you up on it.

I would like to see if anyone in the U.S. would like to try this.  That takes care of the language barrier and would give each of us to an opportunity to see a different area.  Any takers?

Christina1129
Level 2
San Clemente, CA

I would love to see Airbnb set up a swap between host. I would love to swap with another host to enjoy time away without having to rent a place. This should be one of the benefits of belonging to a platform such as Airbnb.  Traveling without having to pay money out. Instead swap homes with out her host 

I have looked into other platforms that do home swapping, but doing so with other hosts would be more beneficial, especially since we all are in the business together. Would also be a great solution if an emergency or something else comes up unexpectedly; the transition could be seamless.

Nice960
Level 2
DSM, Tanzania

This would be genius!!! Go for it Airbnb!

Kateryna34
Level 1
Balyko-Shchuchynka, Ukraine

Genius Idea! We have the same challenge with my husband. We would love to travel for a few weeks around Europe and if someone can take over our guests, that will be great!

I'm available with my co-host and Wife Barbra!

Pieter

We live in Paradise!Brekfis 1.jpg

Pieter
Joseph1699
Level 1
San Diego, CA

We would love this idea.

we are in the perfect spot. San Diego California… Heaven!

abnb.me/jKUa6zNvEqb

look is up if you’d like to swap!

Tanya438
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

I live in Milwaukee, WI and think a host share is a great idea! I agree that travel can be tricky when you are fully booked.