Condo renovation/love to decorate!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Condo renovation/love to decorate!

We bought a weekend place in New Orleans to use privately (not for ABB at this point). I had a single week to decorate and get some things set up between all of our guest stays, day job and small side business. Sharing some pics of the kitchen (first is "before" and the rest are "after")  as I am pretty darn proud of the results. We did all the work ourselves and "shoestring" doesn't really apply as much as "dental floss" in terms of budget (or maybe "old thread you pulled off a shirt that had started to unravel.) I have more pics of the space I can share as well. It was built in 1850 and is an old mansion with an amazing street facing balcony.

If you have renovation/decoration projects and tips I would love to see what you are working on!kitchenbeforeNOLA.jpgkitchenNOLA2.jpgkitchenNOLA3.jpgkitchenNOLA4.jpgkitchenNOLA1.jpgkitchenNOLA5.jpg

19 Replies 19
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Laura2592 

I love what you have done to the kitchen cabinets. What a big difference a bit of paint (and some elbow grease) and new handles can make. I have never really understood why people on a very limited budget rip out perfectly good wooden cabinet doors when they can be transformed with little cost.

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Laura2592 

Looks great! Nice work on the cabinet painting. I've done that before and priming and painting inside and out is quite a lot of work. If you changed out the hardware that great the holes matched up. A week to do all that is impressive. Looks like a very charming old house. 

Jacky181
Level 2
Little Rock, AR

Hi, @Laura2592 It's a really nice job what you're doing. Are you still working on this project? For the backsplash, I suggest a rich deep color like navy or green, or even red because is a historical house and those colors work well. You don't need anything fancy, simple ceramic works, but creates a contrast. The Parisian vibe Bistro is really cool, but I would suggest changing those chairs for something like the ones in the link that I'm sharing https://www.onekingslane.com/p/1654995-s-2-odeon-stackable-bistro-side-chair-red.do?gclsrc=aw.ds&gcl...

Also, add some scent candles on the fireplace, which help to style even if you don't use them. If you have any questions about design and decoration, you can text me any time. 

Thanks for sharing amazing information keep posting.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Hector421 Are you looking to renovate yourself? It'd be greta to hear more about your own experience and tips. 😃

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines