Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Could you live without music?

Airbnb Music.png

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing well today.

Here in the UK we had the Glastonbury music festival last weekend where many popular artists such as Radiohead, the Foo Fighters, and Ed Sheeran performed. 

So today I thought we could talk about music! After all, what would a life without music be? In my introduction two weeks ago, I shared that I have some hobbies in the music industry.

I like quite a big range of genres such as House (Afrojack), Dance/Electro (Martin Garrix), Rock (Linkin Park), and a smattering of classical music. I go to classical music concerts with my partner from time to time (we particularly like Tchaikovsky).

What kind of music do you like? Do you prefer a specific band or genre? Are you planning on going to any concerts/gigs soon?

I'm looking forward to seeing your replies 🙂

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

18 Replies 18
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy I just stumbled sorta on this very interesting question you posted back in 2017 - I didn't see it until now but still, couldn't NOT respond.

Life without Music? Oh NO, my life would have been totally and completely different. Can't even imagine it. My life has been filled with music and music was a huge part of my touring, performing and teaching in the world dancing and it mostly circled around Jazz but not exclusively. However, I grew up with Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin - Woodstock - and we like to say the best music and musicians of all times indeed. As a dancer jazz/tap was my forte. I was blessed to have toured over many places in the world with fabulous pros from all over esp. from NY where I also danced with  NewYork City Tapworks and also the Collins and Company and finally my own company of musicians and tappers with a show that toured throughout Germany. 

Music - rhythm - it courses through our veins - starting with our heartbeat - and how lovely that a few notes of a song can suddenly bring back a world of memories, or lift us up to higher levels of energy (esp. when cleaning) or take us down to peaceful, quiet times of reflection. I treasure music and being able to hear it- having been filled with a world of sounds and memories and so many are or were inspired by music, the makers of that music and the development of sound. 

Even the folks with Alzheimer disease have been locked in a world of everything forgotten UNTIL someone put on Music of their past and suddenly they are singing, dancing and remembering perfectly while the music plays. MUSIC - magic for the soul.

thanks for stirring up beautiful memories!

peace, Clara "CB" my dance name

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Clara116, it's crazy how time flies, right? 

You've had an amazing experience by the sounds of it! 

Just thinking about a life without music makes me think back about all the things that I would have missed out on.

I would never have picked up an electric guitar or started playing piano 😪. It's just unthinkable. 

What's the most recent track you've listened to?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Our house and car is always filled with music! I have a young son who has a physical disability and uses a wheelchair but he is passionate about music. We found an amazing academy and he has enrolled in DJ Academy this year and have a wonderful team helping him realise his dream of becoming a DJ. We love many types of music - he loves playing all the dance remixes of course, but I love all things 80s!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Deirdre122 It sounds like his dream is on the way to becoming true, how exciting! Maybe you could meet in the middle and he could do some dance remix versions of 80s songs 😉

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines