Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Could you live without music?

Airbnb Music.png

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing well today.

Here in the UK we had the Glastonbury music festival last weekend where many popular artists such as Radiohead, the Foo Fighters, and Ed Sheeran performed. 

So today I thought we could talk about music! After all, what would a life without music be? In my introduction two weeks ago, I shared that I have some hobbies in the music industry.

I like quite a big range of genres such as House (Afrojack), Dance/Electro (Martin Garrix), Rock (Linkin Park), and a smattering of classical music. I go to classical music concerts with my partner from time to time (we particularly like Tchaikovsky).

What kind of music do you like? Do you prefer a specific band or genre? Are you planning on going to any concerts/gigs soon?

I'm looking forward to seeing your replies 🙂

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

18 Replies 18
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

KiaOra Quincy. I grew up in London during the punk scene so still partial to the odd clash song whilst doing the ironing 🙂 pretty mellow now though. Love our kiwi bands. Katchafire, The Black Seeds, Tiki Taane. We have Lourdes too:) 

Struggle to get tickets sometimes for bands like Coldplay as they sell out within seconds, this may change when our faster broadband rolls out.  Still miss that about the U.K. Always a band somewhere 🙂 

ps last song I downloaded Blackbird Blackbird 'Pure' link to YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZestdQ_7A

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ria16,

That must have been very cool!

I wish I could go back in time and see how everything was at that time in terms of music 🙂

I've listened to the track that you've shared with me, and it's quite good! It reminds me of club/lounge music somehow, plus I get to see a lovely landscape video of New Zealand haha!

Thanks for sharing!

-----

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Quincy Heh that was my cunning plan 🙂  A lot of that was filmed in Northland. 

i also learnt something new. Didn't realize that by putting the @@somebody linked you back to the thread . I wondered why people did that.

Have a great day! 

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Quincy, here is one for you: until recently I lived in this tiny community in Northern New Mexico, Taos, about 8000 inhabitants, an eclectic mix of Hispanics, Native Americans and white folks ( we were definitely in the minority, what a healthy experience!). Off the beaten track, a heaven for artists and "alternative thinkers"....high up in the mountains, and still to this day kinda hard to get to , which is what we loved !

Soooo.... in 2013, Mumford and Sons were touring the US: by contract they were not allowed to play in venues of less than 8000 - but they would always chose one such place on their tour to connect with the grassroots  - and they chose Taos!! Our whole town went nuts , I got my 4 tickets in a hurry, and there they were...it was unbelievable that THEY came to US!!

The concert was fantastic, open air in our  dinky lil city park, they packed 'em in, it rained in the afternoon, but who cares... Taos has  a  Native American musician, mainly a flute player, Robert Mirabal,  and Mumford and Sons teamed up with him and worked him into their set. hat a great show it was, with local talent participating...here is a clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0v3EwNmH8&feature=youtu.be

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Annette33,

What a surprise that must have been!

I've had a virtual walk in the town using Google maps since I was curious. It kind of remembered my of my own hometown, but then with only 800 people instead of the 8000 you mentioned!

I like the clip you've sent me, and I really like the tune of the flute in between. The last time I heard this flute, was when I was having a stroll in a park in Edinburgh, Scotland and I was quite impressed by that!

I think it's quite cool that they made the decision to have a concert in Taos, even though it's not a big town 🙂

Lucky you! You probably had a blast!

-----

Beautiful!! 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Quincy. We are just outside a village, very rural, with a lovely neo-gothic church and its amazing acoustics. I head up the small group that organises concerts to take advantage of that. It is usually bands on their tours who don't mind a "house concert" type stop, and it ranges from blues, rock, bluegrass and folk, to full-choir a cappella. Usually sells out quickly, but a few of our Airbnb guests have been here when a concert is happening, and we've squeezed them in.

Not so many concerts these days, though, since a bigger and better venue has sprung up in another village nearer the provincial highway. It is perfectly okay. We have provided accommodation to the hardier (we're rustic) musicians that play that hall, too. 🙂

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi @Quincy- in my house, we like musicals. Saw Hamilton earlier this week, and am seeing the new Monsoon Wedding musical tonight at Berkeley Rep. two in one week is not usual, but we managed to get the "Hamilton" tickets suddenly, so it's good for musicals here in San Francisco this week. I also love Mozart, Beethoven, the romantics in general, and the rock they now put under "classic" rock. Nice post, @Quincy!

Axel31
Level 10
Celle, Germany

@Quincy...... I grew up near Cologne.Since 25 years i am listing a couple of times to a cologne pop band called BAP. Music drives you through your life in different ways. With some special songs, i could remember emotions, moments in which i was involved in the past.

No and no 🙂

Tetiana12
Level 2
Stryi, Ukraine

I can imagine life without music, but I'd rather not. I love music and listen to something every day. I probably spend more money on music than any other 'non-essential' purchases. Usually download music from https://torrentsites.com/music/ 

I am listening to music accross styles and centuries. It depends on what I want to achieve with music.
When I work and want music that pumps me up or helps me get further beyond my limits while cycling, running, etc. then I listened for example to the soundtrack such as Over the Top or Donna Summers
When I am at the airport on business trips I try to relax , then I listen to Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Andean Folk Music, Chris de Burgh, Richard Clayderman or etc. https://onplanners.com/travel-planner-templates
When we travel as a family by car we listen often to Latin Music such as Luis Guerra, Guilherme Arantes, Marisa Montes or Michel Sardou.

Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

I have a few suggestions, which can be found on https://klingeltone-kostenlos.de/